Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Leather And Lace with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Leather And Lace with Sandy.

As part of Sandy’s IGC plan, she wanted to work on a second guitar part for Leather And Lace by Stevie Nicks.

In the first part of this lesson we reviewed the progression and worked on the vocal part a bit, along with left
hand muting tips for the first string.

Parts 2 and 3 get into our three main families of movable chord shapes (E, A, & D), and some hints on where
to move each shape by knowing where the roots of each shape are.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Great job Neil, for doing such a wonderful job of explaining these movable chords! Sandy, using these tools will help you learn the fret board so much better, all the way up and down the neck. Really getting into the "CAGED" system here of learning all the ways to play chords in each shape. So good to have an understanding of this!

A great lesson inside this FOTW....

Bart

P.S. I hope everyone can see all 3 segments?

sandysue

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Yes Bart,
Neil's lessons associated with this song Leather and Lace, have really given so much helpful information covering a lot of important techniques in playing guitar, especially if you're wanting to branch out and try some lead guitar techniques or just want to learn how to get around the fret board more easily using different chord shapes originating from different chord families including E, A, D , and even G and C. :)

spinland

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:30 am

So very nice!

Do I sense a sweet collaborative duet in the offing? :side:

Mark

sandysue

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am

spinland wrote:
So very nice!

Do I sense a sweet collaborative duet in the offing? :side:

Mark
Thank you Mark. You're right Bart and I have been looking for a song to play together and this seems to be a good one. Of course there's always a few details to work out so it's hard to know for sure. I think this is such a great Stevie Nicks song, I hope a lot of people get excited about wanting to learn it. I love the fact that you can also learn to play some simple little lead parts to it and make it sound even better.

Sandy

spinland

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Very, very cool. I love this song and I'm so looking forward to enjoying the rendition you guys put together.

Rock on! :side:

Mark

sandysue

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm

spinland wrote:
Very, very cool. I love this song and I'm so looking forward to enjoying the rendition you guys put together.

Rock on! :side:

Mark
Thank you Mark for all of your support. I love this song too. It's gonna be fun figuring out how to play it. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic