>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Ice Cream - Sarah McLachlan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Ice Cream by Sarah McLachlan.

Sarah McLachlan is a Canadian singer-songwriter, known for her emotional ballads and mezzo-soprano vocal range.

Ice Cream is taken from her 3rd 1993 studio album ‘Fumbling Towards Ecstasy’, which became her international
breakthrough. Up until that point she stated that it is her ‘one and only love song, that doesn’t have a bad ending’.

In this lesson we take a look at how she performs it on stage. It covers the chords and the tuning, EADGAD, where
the guitar is capoed on the 4th fret.

Since the alternate tuning results in very colorful chords, we also discuss the chord names and their construction.

The progression and arrangement are relatively easy, with a few little embellishments and taught in 3/4 with swing
feel, even though Sarah counts it out in 6/8.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

spinland

Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:20 pm

ZOMG, Ness! Love this song!

Sarah, Bonnie and Melissa are some of my "you go, grrl!" heroes.

With some judicious transposition I might be able to work with this. :silly:

Thanks for another gem.

Mark

michelew

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 pm

TGNessa,

You KNOW how much I love Sarah's songs and how much I LOVE this song in particular. Fantastic that it's now in the TG library. It definitely deserves to be.

I've seen Sarah in concert a few times and she still says that this is her happy love song. :)

I had a version of this down at one point as you know, (since you enabled me get that one together too), but it looks like you're teaching even more details in this one. AWESOME! :kiss:

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend.

LOVE your work Ness. Off to learn.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Shel

michelew

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 am

Brilliant lesson Ness. I've just listened to every morsel. I love all of the info on the embellishments and the attention you pay to the interlude in particular.

Thank you, thank you.

Woo hoo!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

thereshopeyet

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Click Image To Enlarge:

:ohmy:

TGNesh

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:02 am

Mark and Shel, I have to say that I loved reading your enthusiasm on this lesson! :) :) :cheer:

Mark: I would agree with you, Bonnie and Melissa are really awesome as well! I should keep them in mind. Really glad that you like the addition of this one. Sarah is fantastic! Also many thanks for your all round support!

Michele: Awesome! You make it all worthwhile again! :cheer: :kiss: It was about time too. It's been years since I first looked at it. :ohmy: Thanks so much again my sweet friend and fan! ;)

Dermot: And you Dermot, you of course make me laugh like you often do. :laugh: :laugh: Thank you! :) :laugh:

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic