>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon May 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Bubbly by Colbie Caillat.

Bubbly is a major hit single by American singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat and taken from her best selling 2007 debut album ‘Coco’.

This lesson primarily covers how Colbie plays it by herself, which is in the key of D, using Open D-Tuning, DADF#AD, where the guitar is capoed on the 7th fret.

It also shows an alternative version in the key of G, with the guitar capoed on the 2nd fret, for the ones who would rather play it in standard tuning.

We break down the percussive style of playing which is a great technique to carry over to other songs. It includes syncopation and should be done with swing feel.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Mon May 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Let me start by saying how happy I am that Vanessa's picture is on the front page of the lesson! It isn't that I don't like seeing Neil's bright smiling face, it just makes me happy that this change has happened and we will see who the instructor is for each song before we starting clicking.

Ness, very nice that you did the song in both "Open D Tuning" and "Standard Tuning". A lot of times, when playing multiple songs, it isn't convenient to re-tune the instrument. Very nice!

Keep up the good work!

Bart

familyman4

Mon May 01, 2017 9:00 pm

And, This song fits your voice very nicely!!!

michelew

Tue May 02, 2017 3:10 am

TGNess,

This is such a cute song. I've always loved it. Besides being really sweet I love the swing feel, the syncopation and the persuasive playing too. It's really playful and upbeat. The open D tuning rings like a bell as well, really beautiful. Great choice. Though it's always handy to have it in standard tuning as well. Thanks.

I enjoyed your playing and singing in the preview really charming. :)

And I absolutely agree with Bart. I've been meaning to mention that it's great seeing you on the wrapper of the preview. It's great Kudos, well deserved. :)

Thanks for another really nice song by a woman artist. You keep delivering. :)

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Mon May 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks a lot for tuning Bart! :)

I think having the pictures of the specific teachers doing a lesson is very cool! Although this is still only on YouTube. When you click on any lesson, you will bump into Neil's bright smiling face again. :laugh:

I'm glad you can appreciate both tunings for this one. Like you said, sometimes it's really not convenient retuning a guitar right there on the spot. Unless you have many of them, like you do! :P

Btw many thanks for the vocals comment! With some particular female songs, I don't always feel really comfortable (like the recents ones), partly because i don't neccessary play them myself and for that don't know them very well. But I'm glad i got by a bit. ;)

Thanks again Bart!

Ness

familyman4 wrote:
Let me start by saying how happy I am that Vanessa's picture is on the front page of the lesson! It isn't that I don't like seeing Neil's bright smiling face, it just makes me happy that this change has happened and we will see who the instructor is for each song before we starting clicking.

Ness, very nice that you did the song in both "Open D Tuning" and "Standard Tuning". A lot of times, when playing multiple songs, it isn't convenient to re-tune the instrument. Very nice!

Keep up the good work!

Bart

TGNesh

Mon May 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks Shel! I'm very glad that you appreciate my choices and the addition of more female-artist-songs.

And as you say, this is definitely a very nice one. Lots in there makes it really fun to play.

Me singing this, well I can definitely live with charming, haha! :laugh: Sure glad that you and Bart liked it! :)

The wrapper of the preview is cool! Makes it look really professional, if you ask me. And yes, now you can see immediately who is teaching. It'd be nice if it would be there when clicking on a lesson too. Well who knows, some day. ;)

Many thanks sweet friend! xo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

This is such a cute song. I've always loved it. Besides being really sweet I love the swing feel, the syncopation and the persuasive playing too. It's really playful and upbeat. The open D tuning rings like a bell as well, really beautiful. Great choice. Though it's always handy to have it in standard tuning as well. Thanks.

I enjoyed your playing and singing in the preview really charming. :)

And I absolutely agree with Bart. I've been meaning to mention that it's great seeing you on the wrapper of the preview. It's great Kudos, well deserved. :)

Thanks for another really nice song by a woman artist. You keep delivering. :)

:kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic