>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The End Of The Innocence - Don Henley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNesh

Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 am

Bill: I'm still trying to get my head around your 'old joke', since I have no idea what it means. Does that mean I'm young?? :laugh: :laugh: :P

Michele: That's absolutely great to hear Shel! :cheer: It's always quite a fun challenge for me, to find a way that works well enough on guitar. Will release another one this Monday. As for DH-songs, in thruth, I'm barely aware of his solo stuff :dry: , except for The Heart of the Matter and The Boys of Summer. I knew this one and wanted to record a lesson for it, since several have pointed out in the last couple of years that they wanted to learn it, otherwise I wouldn't have thought about it. But yes, I have to say, when listening to it several times it simply struck me agáin, he has such an AWESOME and gorgeous voice!! So that's definitely what I like about him, besides the fact that higher male voices fit me vocally well. ;) Anyway, many thanks dear Shel! xoxo

Steve: Hey Steve, I know there has been requests for this particular song, so I'm very happy to finally add it to Target. As far as I can tell from your comment I guess the wait was worth it. :) :cheer: Awesome that you're able to play through it already. And yeah, I know about those chordchanges, they have its challenges. Remember when you get to the ones that you find hard, BREATH FIRST!!! When you hold your breath, which is what usually happens in particular, you'll probably fail. Thanks for dropping in Steve!

Dermot: :laugh: :laugh: Who says, it was an apple???? Thank you very much Dermot! :)

TGNess B)

mike721

Fri May 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Vanessa, not only do you have a lovely voice, but you play guitar chords like an angel. I can hardly wait to learn this classic. Michael Lee

wrsomers

Fri May 12, 2017 8:32 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Bill: I'm still trying to get my head around your 'old joke', since I have no idea what it means. Does that mean I'm young?? :laugh: :laugh: :P
Ha Ha Ness! I knew I would get you with that one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Yes you are young, but the old joke refers to adding something that is HARD. The joke goes something like this... what's blake and white and red all over, and has concrete? Answer...a newspaper. Response...oh I see a newspaper is black and white and is read...but what's the concrete for? Answer...oh I just added that to make it hard!

So in other words...your lesson was really good, but you added a little concrete...namely in part 4 at 7:06 and 8:05, where you play D/E and then Em7/D. Those chords sound great, I really love them but they are the concrete...really hard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hopefully by now you know I'm kidding with you.

The lesson is really good and the sound gets very close to the piano version. Thanks for adding another lesson to the Henley repertoire!

Bill
xoxo

TGNesh

Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 am

You're too kind Michael, but i take it any day!!! :cheer:

Thank you very much!

mike721 wrote:
Vanessa, not only do you have a lovely voice, but you play guitar chords like an angel. I can hardly wait to learn this classic. Michael Lee

TGNesh

Mon May 15, 2017 10:56 am

:laugh: Alright, got it! :laugh: (Of course I knew you were teasing me ;) )

Well.....I did somewhat warn you, 'becareful what you wish for', remember? And it's certainly not my fault too, it's all Bruce! :P I did make the opening chord in the instrumental bridge easier though. ;) (Am7 instead of Gsus4/A)

Why would you think those chords are hard?

wrsomers wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Ha Ha Ness! I knew I would get you with that one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Yes you are young, but the old joke refers to adding something that is HARD. The joke goes something like this... what's blake and white and red all over, and has concrete? Answer...a newspaper. Response...oh I see a newspaper is black and white and is read...but what's the concrete for? Answer...oh I just added that to make it hard!

So in other words...your lesson was really good, but you added a little concrete...namely in part 4 at 7:06 and 8:05, where you play D/E and then Em7/D. Those chords sound great, I really love them but they are the concrete...really hard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hopefully by now you know I'm kidding with you.

The lesson is really good and the sound gets very close to the piano version. Thanks for adding another lesson to the Henley repertoire!

Bill
xoxo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic