>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The End Of The Innocence - Don Henley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon May 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, The End Of The Innocence by Don Henley.

The End Of The Innocence, released in 1989, is the lead single and title track from Don Henley’s third
solo studio album of the same name.

It was Henley who wrote the lyrics, but the music was written by singer-songwriter and pianist Bruce Hornsby.

For that, the arrangement of the song is primarily piano driven and this lesson shows a similar one for the guitar.

It’s done in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the 1st fret, using all the major and minor chords, including
several ways of playing those.

The strumming has a very syncopated feel in several parts of the song, like the intro interludes, instrumental bridge
and the outro.

It also requires quite a bit of focused strumming, in particular for the middle strings, to copy the top notes of the
inversions used on the piano.

Enjoy this level 6 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

sbutler

Mon May 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Vanessa, you just keep slamming them out of the park. This is one of all time favorites. His entire album is great.

Thank you,
Scott

familyman4

Mon May 08, 2017 7:52 pm

I am quite certain these video's would be great. They are not showing up on my computer for some silly reason. I can see the lesson when I log in but I always like to also review the video's on this forum page. They are not showing up whether I am logged in or not.

Is everyone else seeing them on this page???

Bart

daryl

Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 pm

I can see Vanessa's but I can't see Don Henley's, the message is: "This video contains content from UMPG Publising, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

wrsomers

Mon May 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Daryl and Bart. Don Henley's publishing company is very protective of his songs and won't allow reproduction of his videos outside YouTube. The only reason this lesson video got through YouTube is because Bruce Hornsby wrote the song (Henley's lyrics). I previously tried to publish Henley's "Heart Of The Matter" and it was silenced by YouTube. I ended up posting it on Vimeo. So I suspect that is the reason we can't view the Henley video contained in the lesson. I suggest going straight to YouTube to watch it.

Ness, I'm still digesting your lesson. Comments to follow. The only comment so far...I didn't know your lesson would include some concrete... :laugh: (old joke... I'll explain later :) ;) ) xo

Bill

Edit:
I just went to YouTube. This song is no longer view-able on YouTube. Henley's publishing Co. is getting serious! :(

TGNesh

Tue May 09, 2017 4:59 am

Yeah, it was to be expected. :( Although it remains weird. I can watch both videos fine over here. Heart Of The Matter as well. But the sound of The Boys of Summer was muted within a day, restored over a year later and again muted a few months later.. :S

I've uploaded the preview on vimeo, so you could watch it following this link.

TGNesh

Tue May 09, 2017 5:35 am

Many thanks Scott, really very pleased for that!! :cheer:

Ness

sbutler wrote:
Vanessa, you just keep slamming them out of the park. This is one of all time favorites. His entire album is great.

Thank you,
Scott

michelew

Tue May 09, 2017 9:44 pm

TGNess,

Your ability to translate piano focused songs to the guitar is amazing! Gosh you're good. The way you've captured the intro which keeps coming back in snatches is awesome.

I haven't watched the lesson itself. But the preview was already very informative and I really enjoyed your playthrough. I know you really like Henley's songs, and it shows in the amount of expression and feeling generally that you put into your performance. Really moving.

Your superpowers continue to shine. :)

Thanks Teach! Thanks for showing us how it's done and what's possible.

L

Shel

BTW - I didn't have any trouble viewing the lesson links or the video of Henley's performance. There are some advantages to being at the bottom of the world. No one cares whether we see them. :)

guitardude7

Wed May 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Great lesson! Just finished it earlier today and played it through a couple times with the original. Still need to get better with the chord changes, though :cheer:

Thanks for doing this one. Ever since you did The Heart of the Matter I've been hoping this would make it up as well.

thereshopeyet

Thu May 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Vanessa

Great play through.
Looks to be another cool lesson from you ! :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Blame's On Woman :dry: !!
Of All The Fruit In The Garden She Had To Pick The Apple !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic