>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - This Town - Niall Horan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, This Town by Niall Horan.

Niall Horan is an Irish singer-songwriter, best known as a member of the very popular boy band One
Direction.

He released his first single as a solo artist, This Town, in September 2016.

This lesson takes a close look at how Niall performs the song by himself, like for example his ‘Live, 1
Mic 1 Take’ recording.

He plays in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the 2nd fret. He uses basic open chords only,
including a few different inversions such as Em7/B, D/A and D/F#, which often create an ascending
or descending bass line, leading one chord to the next.

He keeps the picking relatively simple by using his thumb for the bass notes and his index finger
brushing up across the 3rd and 2nd strings.

The progression is pretty straightforward, but does include a few time signature changes at the end
of each chorus.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:52 am

TGNess,

I'm away from home and my guitars at the moment so I haven't jumped into the lesson segments yet. But, I just wanted to say that I LOVE the way you introduce me to sweet and cool music that I haven't bumped into yet. I think it's especially cool that you're teaching something that's so recently released. :)

It's a sweet song... if bitter sweet; a bit sad.

Thanks for lifting the rock from my head. :)

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Thanks so much dear friend. :) So I lifted the rock from your head eh? :laugh: :P

Well I got a few of those too. For one, I don't think i know anything of One Direction to begin with. :huh: I heard this one on the radio, it's getting a LOT of airplay here in Europe. It caught my attention, since the picking is nice and the song sounds lovely, yet quite sad lyrically. And yes, i do want to bring out recent stuff too. Otherwise Neil gets stuck in the 60's and 70's and I in the 80's and early 90's. :laugh: Looking on my list now, that still seems very much the case. :dry: Oh well, we'll see what's next in store. :) :)

Many thanks dear Shel, big hugs! xo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

I'm away from home and my guitars at the moment so I haven't jumped into the lesson segments yet. But, I just wanted to say that I LOVE the way you introduce me to sweet and cool music that I haven't bumped into yet. I think it's especially cool that you're teaching something that's so recently released. :)

It's a sweet song... if bitter sweet; a bit sad.

Thanks for lifting the rock from my head. :)

:kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic