>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Listen To Your Heart - Roxette

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Listen To Your Heart by Roxette.

Roxette is a Swedish pop rock duo, consisting of vocalist Marie Fredriksson and singer-songwriter
Per Gessle. They became a very popular international act in the late 80’s and 90’s.

Listen To Your Heart, taken from their 1988 2nd studio album ‘Look Sharp!’ became one of the most
successful singles of 1989, reaching number one in both the US and Canada.

This lesson is initially based on their acoustic version as broadcast by MTV Unplugged, which features
a relatively easy guitar arrangement in the key of Am.

There is also a segment covering the progression of the studio recording. This arrangement is both
vocally, as well as playing wise, far more challenging, since the key changes twice, a whole step up,
respectively in the bridge and final chorus.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Very nice Ness! :)

familyman4

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello Vanessa,

Nice job as always! I have been picking out songs that my daughter can sing while I play and this one will be added to the list.

I also appreciate that you added the studio version of the song in this lesson. A "two for one". B)

Thanks!
Bart

michelew

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 pm

TGNess,

Great choice! Classic song from the '80s. And I REALLY enjoyed your playthrough, spot on for capturing the feeling of the song. You sounded great!

:kiss:

Shel

crieniecat

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 am

Nessa, again another superb song and playthrough...

You never hit the plafond right? They just keep getting better and better. B) :laugh:
You gave a beautiful feel to the song, really loved every bit of it.

A gem, my dear :kiss:
Corina.

TGNesh

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Finally getting back to you guys and girls, you've left me such kind comments there too!

Chris: Thanks Chris! :)

Bart: Awesome to hear that you use such songs for your daughter! Glad you appreciate the two for one ;), if one has the vocal range, then going up a whole step twice, I'd say go for it. ;) Many thanks Bart!

Michele: A classic 80's song for sure! :cheer: I've never realized that I love só many songs from that decade, but i keep getting back to it :) . I guess the music you hear during childhood makes a huge impact. Thanks so much for your comment on the play through. I have to say that I was happy that they stayed in the same key throughout the song, which made it possible for me to sing it too. As always, so glad you liked it! Big hug xoxo

Corina: Well....I'm of course véry pleased you think so! :cheer: But I have to admit, always trying to deliver as best as I can doesn't make things very easy in general... :blink: Still, when it works out, it's very fulfilling too. :) Many thanks babe! xo

Thanks all, I appreciate your support more than you know..

TGNess B)

guitardude7

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 am

Great Lesson! Thanks Vanessa.

Another great song I wouldn't have thought to seek out myself to learn. Love the links you put in the forum here so it's easy to find the versions you are referencing.

Steve :cheer:

heatndude

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Great song from the 80's and you sing it great also!

Just wondering if you get your inspiration for songs from the old homemade cassette tapes in your car :laugh: :laugh:

Mark

TGNesh

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:17 am

Many thanks for dropping in Steve, very glad you like the addition of this song!

Personally i often love acoustic/unplugged takes by artists/bands themselves. All of a sudden some songs seem to work just fine on a guitar. ;)

Thanks again Steve!

guitardude7 wrote:
Great Lesson! Thanks Vanessa.

Another great song I wouldn't have thought to seek out myself to learn. Love the links you put in the forum here so it's easy to find the versions you are referencing.

Steve :cheer:

TGNesh

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:19 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You....you.....funny man! B)

But yes, lots of inspiration comes from those. :P

Thank you very much for the compliments! :cheer:

heatndude wrote:
Great song from the 80's and you sing it great also!

Just wondering if you get your inspiration for songs from the old homemade cassette tapes in your car :laugh: :laugh:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic