>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Road Song - Wes Montgomery

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Road Song by Wes Montgomery.

A fantastic way to get introduced to jazz guitar, Wes Montgomery’s Road Song is a standard that all
aspiring guitarists’ should know.

A personal favorite of mine, and one that I play all the time, this song was released on Montgomery’s
twentieth studio album Road Song.

A pioneer on the instrument, Wes employed many techniques and harmonic ideas that are still being
copied today by players of all styles. By making common use of octaves and his unique thumb technique,
he crafted a style that was all his own, and yet fits seamlessly on the instrument.

By learning the licks, chords and melodic ideas in this song you’ll walk away confident in your ability
to play and improvise over slightly more complex jazz progressions.

With this in-depth lesson, you will learn the ins and outs of what made Wes great and by the end you’ll
have a good enough grasp on some jazz concepts to start applying them to the rest of your repertoire.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

davidrfinn99165

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:45 am

Thx Max.. i didn't really understand what constituted the Wes Montgomery style of playing before but i have it haha.. i now just need to learn to get the fingers to move in octaves, which i guess is gonna take a little while before it becomes anything like automatic.

Any suggestions on a second Wes piece to help embed the practi8ce??

cheers, david

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic