>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - You've Got A Way - Shania Twain

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, You've Got A Way by Shania Twain.

You’ve Got A Way is a beautiful lovesong by Canadian singer-songwriter Shania Twain. It was
the 8th country single from her best selling album ‘Come On Over’ and was nominated for
‘Song Of The Year’ at the 42nd Grammy Awards.

The arrangement is done in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the 2nd fret, and is
relatively easy to play.

It features open basic chords only, including several inversions. We take a look at a few different
ways to finger them, the double time strumming, and the progression.

The lesson also shows how to play the little fill in the intro, which re-appears a few times
throughout the song.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

crieniecat

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 pm

..........WOW! Nessa.... this cuts through the bone.....
How endearing, lovely, wonderful, enchanting, sweet....
You've delivered a true masterpiece here, I'm a fan B)

Never heard the song before, but... want to learn it for sure now....

Thnx dear,
Corina :kiss:

michelew

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:58 pm

OMG Ness...

I just listened to your playthrough and now I have a huge lump in my throat... I can't remember ever hearing this song before. ... but you had me feeling emotional from the first few seconds and teary by the end. Your performance is spine tingling, so moving... so beautiful... I can't imagine Shania doing a better job, especially not with a single guitar as accompaniment.

So beautiful...

:kiss:

tombo1230

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:07 pm

I have to agree with everything that's been said, that is a very beautiful song and you really performed it stunningly.

Tom N.

familyman4

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Great job with this lesson Vanessa! I went straight to the "play through" of the lesson just so I could hear your version of this song, it is perfect!!!

It doesn't look very difficult to play this song. However, the difficulty will be to put the emotion into the song like Shania and Vanessa do B)

Three Shania songs and you've been great with all 3 of them! This might be one that I learn, just to play when I have a female to sing while I play?

Anyway, THANKS for your instruction and sharing your talent with us!
Bart

wrsomers

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:33 am

Beautiful!!! :kiss:

TGNesh

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Hey guys and girls!

I can tell you that I was pretty thrilled to receive your generous and kind comments! :cheer: One of the major reasons for teaching this particular song is a selfish one, since it's my own personal Shania Twain favorite. :) I figured sometimes that should be reason enough. ;)

Corina and Shel: Gosh, you ladies are really very sweet :blush: :kiss: I take a WOW and OMG any day :laugh: B) ... Thank you doesn't really cut, but thank you anyway!! :cheer: The song was a hit, just not as big like 'You're Still The One' and others have been. Such a gorgeous little pearl in Shania's amazing repertoire I think. It actually appeared in the movie Notting Hill, with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant, that's how I came aware of it. And Corina, I'd think you'd do a lovely rendition of it!! Anyway, again, thank you very much my dear friends! xo

Tom: That's just awesome to hear Tom and I appreciate it very much, many thanks!

Bart: :laugh: Yeah, I know about your 'straight to the play through'-'approach', which i definitely take as a compliment all by itself! I'm so pleased that you appreciate all 3 lessons. And yes, I'd say, whenever you can get a female to sing, those songs would be great! And this one is certainly relatively easy, but as you already pointed out, the challenge/difficulty is the emotion that needs to be in there, both playing and singing wise. And I love it that you think i was able to do so. Thank you very much Bart!

Bill: Big hug right back at ya Bill :cheer: , thanks!! xo

Thanks again guys and girls!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic