>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Diamond Ring - Bon Jovi

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Diamond Ring by Bon Jovi.

Diamond Ring is a beautiful and mysterious ballad by American rock band Bon Jovi. It’s taken from their
1995 sixth studio album ‘These Days’.

In this lesson we take a look at the chords, the picking and strumming, and the progression.

It’s presented in standard tuning as done on the original recording, but keep in mind that they often tune
their guitars a half step down when performing it in concert.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous... that was soooo beautiful, heartfelt, passionate and completely captivating. WOW...

I LOVE everything you're doing in there. The repeating bass notes sound great, the percussive strumming very cool.

I very well remember when you posted this on the forum so many years ago now. I loved it then. And now the sound quality of your recording is so good that it's just gotten better.

Straight to the heart. Great choice for a lesson.

Just one question. What took you so long to decide to teach it? :silly:

Shel

:kiss:

Edit: guess what today's earworm is. :woohoo:

tombo1230

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Claire my daughter and I were watching your playthrough of this song, one of her favourites.
This was the first song she played and sang on TG a few years ago.
We were both impressed with how you are playing this tune, which is really great.
Your singing was just knockout. This has jumped up the que for learning for me. (Working on another one to post first at the moment)

Thanks for a great lesson. :)

Tom N

crieniecat

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Vanessaaaaa.... absolutely amazing song!
Never knew it, never heard it but you blew me away!
You recently played it at my home and already there I asked you to repeat it, hehehheheh
So great to see one after the other high quality song coming from your hand, oh yes, loved the Kim Wilde songs as well.
You sister made the first tape for me and it almost didn't survive the many many many times it has been played throughout highschool :laugh:

You know what will be my first request at camp though... Diamond Ring for sure.... B)

xxx
Corina.

TGNesh

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 am

Hey Shel! Yes, I thought you would remember this one ;) , I think i added it to your mega popular 'lovesongs-thread'. That sure is quite a few years ago, the end of 2010? :dry:

I was of course curious what you would think of it now. Yes, the sound quality helps too! :laugh:

In any way, just lóved to read another WOW and the other adjectives!!! :cheer: B)

Hmmm.....good question. In thruth, I don't know... :unsure: Looking back i would say the same thing, what in the world took me so long?! Oh well...it took them a long time to get it on an album too :laugh: . First it was supposed to be on New Jersey, later on Keep The Faith, but they kept rewriting it and then it made its way to These Days, my favorite album.

It was great to get back to it as a lesson, always loved the song too, as you know. Thanks so much dear Shel, big hug! xoxo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous... that was soooo beautiful, heartfelt, passionate and completely captivating. WOW...

I LOVE everything you're doing in there. The repeating bass notes sound great, the percussive strumming very cool.

I very well remember when you posted this on the forum so many years ago now. I loved it then. And now the sound quality of your recording is so good that it's just gotten better.

Straight to the heart. Great choice for a lesson.

Just one question. What took you so long to decide to teach it? :silly:

Shel

:kiss:

Edit: guess what today's earworm is. :woohoo:

TGNesh

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:57 am

Many thanks Tom, I'm of course thrilled that the both of you enjoyed the play through!! :cheer:

Especially since I know that Claire is a fan too and I absolutely thought of her when working on the song. In thruth, i would've loved for her to do the harmonies with me, like Jon and Richie do, but i had to prepare and get the lesson out in only a few days. :S

In thruth, I would still love for her to do so! (It's about time I do some busking myself again and I think we'll sound great! ;) You think that she would be up for it? I'd be very very honored! :)

In any way, thanks again Tom, loved to hear from you!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Claire my daughter and I were watching your playthrough of this song, one of her favourites.
This was the first song she played and sang on TG a few years ago.
We were both impressed with how you are playing this tune, which is really great.
Your singing was just knockout. This has jumped up the que for learning for me. (Working on another one to post first at the moment)

Thanks for a great lesson. :)

Tom N

TGNesh

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:16 am

Hey you, thank you, thank you, thank you very much!!! :cheer: :)

I was pleasantly suprised that you liked the song so much and yes, you even requested a repeat, so I guess you réally liked it. :laugh:

And oh yes, I loved to get to the Kim Wilde songs, memories, memories, memories. ;) So even you were affected by the musical influence of my sister. :laugh: :laugh: Glad you liked the additions of those lessons!

Alright gotcha, Diamond Ring it is! :) :)

Ness

crieniecat wrote:
Vanessaaaaa.... absolutely amazing song!
Never knew it, never heard it but you blew me away!
You recently played it at my home and already there I asked you to repeat it, hehehheheh
So great to see one after the other high quality song coming from your hand, oh yes, loved the Kim Wilde songs as well.
You sister made the first tape for me and it almost didn't survive the many many many times it has been played throughout highschool :laugh:

You know what will be my first request at camp though... Diamond Ring for sure.... B)

xxx
Corina.

tombo1230

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:52 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Many thanks Tom, I'm of course thrilled that the both of you enjoyed the play through!! :cheer:

Especially since I know that Claire is a fan too and I absolutely thought of her when working on the song. In thruth, i would've loved for her to do the harmonies with me, like Jon and Richie do, but i had to prepare and get the lesson out in only a few days. :S

In thruth, I would still love for her to do so! (It's about time I do some busking myself again and I think we'll sound great! ;) You think that she would be up for it? I'd be very very honored! :)

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:

Hi Vanessa,
I read this late last night.
I just asked Claire this morning and she said she would be thrilled to join you in this song.
So a big yes! :)

Tom N.

Tom N
[/quote]

TGNesh

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:04 am

Oh wow, that's SO awesome!!! :cheer:

I'm actually at London Heathrow now, on my way to San Francisco. I could send you a YouTube link, in which you can find the complete play through. Unfortunately I can't get to the actual file now. Although I think i could through Neil, he has it too. I'll get to his place this weekend. Let me know what would work best.

AWESOME!!

tombo1230 wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:

Hi Vanessa,
I just asked Claire this morning and she said she would be thrilled to join you in this song.

Tom N.

Tom N
[/quote]

tombo1230

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Vanessa,
if you can get your hands on the file then that would be really great, but if that is difficult, just send me a link for You tube and that will be fine.
I will put the rest together.
Claire sang the harmonies along with you when we watched your video, so I already know how great you two are going to sound together. :)
Can't wait to put this together. Claire is looking forward to it. :)

p.s. pm me with a link to the file or a link to the you tube playthrough.

Thanks!

Tom N.

TGVanessa wrote:
Oh wow, that's SO awesome!!! :cheer:

I'm actually at London Heathrow now, on my way to San Francisco. I could send you a YouTube link, in which you can find the complete play through. Unfortunately I can't get to the actual file now. Although I think i could through Neil, he has it too. I'll get to his place this weekend. Let me know what would work best.

AWESOME!!

tombo1230 wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:

Hi Vanessa,

Tom N.

Tom N
[/quote]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic