>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Goodnight Girl - Wet Wet Wet

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Goodnight Girl by Wet Wet Wet.

Wet Wet Wet are a Scottish band formed in 1982. They are best known for their cover of The Troggs’
1960s hit ‘Love Is All Around’.

Goodnight Girl is taken from their 1991 fourth studio album ‘High On The Happy Side’ and was the
second of the band’s three UK number-one singles.

It’s a gorgeous ballad and features an arrangement filled with colorful, but relatively easy chords and
shapes.

The lesson covers a bit of theory about how those chords are constructed, the strumming with accents
on beat 1, the and of beat 2 and beat 4, and the straightforward progression.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 pm

TGNess,

You just keep coming up with gorgeous and interesting songs to teach.

Confession - I've never heard this before. Rock! Is my defense. :)

Your playthrough once again demonstrates just what's possible; just how beautiful this can sound. How I wish I had you gorgeous voice in addition to you're incredible guitar skills. You make it look so easy.

The major 9 chord shape is definitely something I'll be taking a look at. It's an interesting sound; very colorful and sort of strange at the same time.

My life is crazy busy at the moment; especially workwise. But I'm really glad I took the time to listen to your preview and playthrough; always captivating stuff.

Thanks for another introduction to an interesting song.

Love your work teach.

L

Shel

:kiss:

TGNesh

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:25 am

Oh my goodness, Shel! You really never heard the song before??! :ohmy: :laugh:

Yeah, yeah, the rock, haha! I'm teasing you of course :P . Many thanks for checking it out anyway. I think it's just a gorgeous song and it was indeed a major hit here in Europe.

Singer Marti Pellow has such an spectacular and amazing voice!! I've always loved to sing their songs. They are also absolutely fantastic in concert. I mean the Eagles and CSN have awesome harmonies, but they do too!!

Thanks so much for your compliments on the play through, i surely always appreciate it more than you know. You're the sweetest!

Big hug, Ness

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

You just keep coming up with gorgeous and interesting songs to teach.

Confession - I've never heard this before. Rock! Is my defense. :)

Your playthrough once again demonstrates just what's possible; just how beautiful this can sound. How I wish I had you gorgeous voice in addition to you're incredible guitar skills. You make it look so easy.

The major 9 chord shape is definitely something I'll be taking a look at. It's an interesting sound; very colorful and sort of strange at the same time.

My life is crazy busy at the moment; especially workwise. But I'm really glad I took the time to listen to your preview and playthrough; always captivating stuff.

Thanks for another introduction to an interesting song.

Love your work teach.

L

Shel

:kiss:

tombo1230

Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Loved your play through Vanessa, just great! Your singing is awesome. Claire and I were just discussing that recently.
I of course have heard of this band, as they were all brought up just a few miles across
the river from where I live today. A very popular band in Europe as you said and they wrote some great tunes.
This looks like a good one to learn. :)

Cheers,

Tom.

TGNesh

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 am

Can't help to say that I really loved to read your comment Tom (and Claire ;) )!!!

In thruth, i pretty much assumed that you in particular (and Dermot) would know them, and they were even brought up that close??

I think they're fantastic, as i mentioned to Shel. And this is just a gorgeous song! Very happy to add it to your learning list. :cheer:

Many thanks Tom, sure appreciate it!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Loved your play through Vanessa, just great! Your singing is awesome. Claire and I were just discussing that recently.
I of course have heard of this band, as they were all brought up just a few miles across
the river from where I live today. A very popular band in Europe as you said and they wrote some great tunes.
This looks like a good one to learn. :)

Cheers,

Tom.

tombo1230

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 am

Hi Vanessa,
if you are looking for any other Scottish acts......How about KT Tunstall, she has some good songs and she is also a very lovely person into the bargain.

Cheers,

Tom.

TGNesh

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:15 am

Not neccessarily looking for Scottish acts Tom ;), then again, you're not the first to suggest KT Tunstall.

I'm a little reluctant there, since she throws in lots of loop stuff and such. (I don't have one), it's not easy to replicate what she does there, not too mention that it's often quite advanced (very percussive) too.

Are there also songs in which she just simply plays the guitar, excluding all the whistles and bells?

Still, not sure if anyone is ready for her just yet. But yes, it's awesome what she does by herself. I think she's totally cool! B) :)

Thanks Tom!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Vanessa,
if you are looking for any other Scottish acts......How about KT Tunstall, she has some good songs and she is also a very lovely person into the bargain.

Cheers,

Tom.

tombo1230

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:21 pm

I get what you mean Ness, I work on music programmes sometimes and was totally wowed by her energy and brilliance recently, and what she does with the looper is terrific.

Black Horse and the Cherry tree has a great rhythm and could probably be played on 1 guitar I am guessing. Just a suggestion. :)

Tom.

TGVanessa wrote:
Not neccessarily looking for Scottish acts Tom ;), then again, you're not the first to suggest KT Tunstall.

I'm a little reluctant there, since she throws in lots of loop stuff and such. (I don't have one), it's not easy to replicate what she does there, not too mention that it's often quite advanced (very percussive) too.

Are there also songs in which she just simply plays the guitar, excluding all the whistles and bells?

Still, not sure if anyone is ready for her just yet. But yes, it's awesome what she does by herself. I think she's totally cool! B) :)

Thanks Tom!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Vanessa,

Cheers,

Tom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic