>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Islands in the Stream - Bee Gees

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Islands in the Stream by the Bee Gees.

Islands in the Stream is a song written by the Bee Gees and sung by American country music
artists Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.

The song reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States, giving
both Rogers and Parton their second pop number-one hit.

In this lesson we take a look at how the Bee Gees performed it as well as Robin Gibb's version
singing it by himself. Their arrangement is done in the key of C and is relatively easy to play.

It also covers Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's duet version, which is progression wise the
same, but it includes a key change when getting into the female part, resulting in a new set
of chords.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:40 pm

TGNess,

Another journey into the wonderful world of the Gibb brothers and their awesome songwriting; the power of their craft is highlighted by the fact that other artists are recording their songs, artists that are amazing song writers in their own right.

I thoroughly enjoyed your playthought Ness, wonderful as always.

Nice choice for a lesson.

Shel

:kiss:

TGNesh

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:47 pm

I couldn't agree more with you Shel, i think they're really awesome!!

As a solo performer (at least in my play throughs), i do very much like Robin's version, so i'm very glad you enjoyed the play through! :cheer:

Thanks so much for your comment and support, as always... :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Another journey into the wonderful world of the Gibb brothers and their awesome songwriting; the power of their craft is highlighted by the fact that other artists are recording their songs, artists that are amazing song writers in their own right.

I thoroughly enjoyed your playthought Ness, wonderful as always.

Nice choice for a lesson.

Shel

:kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic