>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Lost Boy - Ruth B.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Lost Boy by Ruth B.

Lost Boy is the debut single by Ruth B., an upcoming young and promising Canadian singer-songwriter.

The song is a great start for beginners to learn a few basic chords in the key of G. Because of the simple
accompaniment, it also lends itself perfectly to learn or even practice to move from one to the other in time.

We take a look at the progression and arrangement, how to easily strum through it, and a little fill, which
copies the piano a bit.

There is also a segment, which elaborates on the time signature, since it somewhat unnoticeably changes
from 6/8 to 4/4, therefore changing the feel of the song.

Enjoy this level 2 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Vanessa

Great Preview playing and singing.

I haven't heard of RuthB before.
She has a great voice and sound.

I really liked that artistic video, a lot of thought and detail went into that as d your lessons
no matter the level.

Dermot

:)

tombo1230

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Nice job and Riley has a beautiful voice. :) Well done to her.

Tom N.

TGNesh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Many thanks Dermot!

Glad you like Riley's voice and sound! (edit: oh wait a minute, i think you meant Ruth's vocals, yes those are great too! :laugh: ) I thought she did a fantastic job on it, much better than I ever would have :dry: :laugh:, at least on that song. I sure appreciate your comment on the work i put in there too, indeed no matter the level. Thanks again! :)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Great Preview playing and singing.

I haven't heard of RuthB before.
She has a great voice and sound.

I really liked that artistic video, a lot of thought and detail went into that as d your lessons
no matter the level.

Dermot

:)

TGNesh

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Thank you very much Tom! I'll let her know of course :cheer:. The amazing thing is, she is only 13, well maybe 14 years old by now. I love to see how she develops as a vocalist and guitarplayer. She obviously plays the latter to accompany herself, which is what i love to do the most as well.

Anyway, it was awesome that she agreed to join me here and do so fantastic as well. I'm a proud teacher for sure! :)

Thanks Tom!

TGNess B)

tombo1230 wrote:
Nice job and Riley has a beautiful voice. :) Well done to her.

Tom N.

michelew

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm

TGNess,

Cute song. And SPECTACULAR playthrough. Gosh that was good; professional all around.

Riley has a bright future ahead. WOW what a voice and the personality to charm everyone she meets I'm guessing. You look SO proud of her Teach. No doubt you've helped to mold the little performing artist that Riley is. Wonderful.

Great that you're offering a lesson for beginners and a sweet one at that.

Love your work.

Shel :kiss:

spinland

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Not much I can add to the superlatives being heaped on this effort. Wow, again. :ohmy:

Hadn't heard of Ruth B before, her singing style gives me a bit of a Norah Jones vibe. That's a compliment, and so is how well Riley nailed that feel with her vocals.

Some folks pay money for music streaming services like Spotify; I just come here and rock out. :side:

Mark

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Looks liked you have inspired Miss Ale Ness...... so that is just wonderful! Thank you!

TGNesh

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:47 am

Michele: Hey you! :) Thanks SO much! I guess I sure couldn't hide it, i was as proud as can be B) :cheer: . It was so much fun to do this together and she just totally nailed it. I'm also very impressed with how natural and comfortable she is in front of a camera. Makes it all the more enjoyable to watch her perform. I'm of course very curious how she will develop throughout her teenage years. Anyway, sure hope to do this again. Thanks again Shel! xo

Mark: Many thanks Mark! A comparison with Norah Jones is definitely a compliment I'd say, for both girls that is ;). I too love the feel that Riley puts in it. And it's all her. Sure sometimes i work out with her how the vocals fit into the playing, stuff like, but that's usually an occasional spot in a song. In thruth, for this one she didn't need any help at all. She's simply a natural. :cheer: Thanks Mark!

Chris: As i've already said elsewhere, watching Ms. Ale working on this song is just so awesome! Her vocals fit the song just perfectly as well and i just love that the lesson/song inspired her like this. Thanks for sharing it here Chris!

TGNess B)

crieniecat

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Aaah so great to see such young talent, having so much fun! I think she does a superb job on this song and with you as her wonderful teacher she just can't go wrong!!

:Please forward my sincere compliments, hats off!

:kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic