>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Two Hands of a Prayer - Ben Harper

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Two Hands of a Prayer by Ben Harper.

This haunting and almost melancholy song is a prime example of excellent songwriting and an awesome
way of embellishing simple chords.

In this lesson you’ll learn how Ben Harper takes easy chords and spices them up with simplistic but tasteful
ornaments that are not only very versatile, but also very easy to learn.

Enjoy this level 5 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

spinland

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 am

Noice! :side:

Always cool to see Max chiming in with his particular take on playing various songs; given my current interest in electric/acoustic styles much of his acoustic work is of special interest to me.

I'll throw myself under the proverbial bus and admit I'd not before heard of Ben Harper. I know, I know, but I'm shockingly narrow-focused in many areas and music is one of them. I do so very much appreciate having that focus broadened and you TG rock stars do that very thing for me. Thank you!

I'll have to listen to more of Harper's stuff, but to me the main takeaway from this lesson was the creative use of simple single-note embellishments. In my current learning path I've been trying to use embellishments like sus2/sus4, sixths and ninths, and seeing an entire song wrapped around that very thing is fascinating and compelling.,

Adore Neil and Ness, but let's also see Moar Max! :silly:

Mark

jayswett

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Great lesson, Max. Thanks. Awesome song.

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Max

Strange song !
Sure creates a haunting feel !

I see he's done a good few albums with amazing sounds too.

Did you incorporate the mistakes ? :dry: :ohmy:
:laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic