>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad) - The Everly Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad) by The Everly Brothers.

So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad) is a song written by Don Everly and released by The Everly Brothers in 1960.

This lesson covers the progression in the five guitar friendly keys, starting with E, as the original recording, and moves
on to the key of G, C, D (including Dropped D-tuning) and A.

It breaks down the strumming, which should be done with swing feel, and shows how to pick alternating bass notes,
going back and forth between the root of the chord and its 5th.

The song starts out with its signature descending bass line, so we take a look at that as well.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:54 am

TGNess,

Nice playthrough!

And all 5 guitar friendly keys. 5!!! No such thing as a quick lesson eh? If it’s straightforward teach it in a million keys too. :laugh: :silly:

How lucky are we??!!

Shel

Hey on second thoughts...what about the other 7? :P ;)

spinland

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 am

Wow; I looked up "thorough" in the online Webster's Dictionary and guess whose picture was listed there? :silly:

Trying to come up with a Swiss Army knife metaphor to cover this, but methinks you already get the idea.

Mark

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Vanessa

Looks to be a great lesson.
Dermot

:laugh:

crieniecat

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:38 am

Aaaaah love the Everly brothers!
Nice song choice Ness and great playthrough as always B)

X
Corina.

guitardude7

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:15 pm

I love the Everly Brothers. You can do every song in their catalog, IMHO. Great lesson, Vanessa. I almost expected it to be Neil based on what his musical tastes seem to be, but you did a great lesson and sang it great. There is a movie out there called "The Everly Brothers: Re Concert" which I recommend to anyone who likes these guys. It was in 1983 at the Albert Hall, 10 years after they split up. They're still in top form and it's a really magical concert.

TGNesh

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:34 am

Hey guys and girls, here I am finally! :S Work is keeping me incredibly occupied/busy, although i'm not complaining, business is going well. :)

Nevertheless, i always love to read your comments and feedback. B)

Michele: Thank you!!! I must be out of my mind :laugh: I guess things did get out of hand. :blink: Once i got into another key (the one that I prefer), i thought 'i might as well', you know. So to answer your question, if you wanna play in the key of C#, then uh.....use C, Capo I. Or D#, use D, Capo I. Or uh...F#, use E, Capo II or.....uh....haha, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new here, i'm just playing along :laugh: . Whoever said 'Thank God for capos' was absolutely right!! :laugh: :laugh: :P Many thanks Shel! xo

Mark: :laugh: :laugh: Loved to read your comment Mark, and yes, I sure get the idea! :cheer: B) You're too kind and I sure appreciate it, thank you!!

Dermot: I'm glad you think so Dermot! Not sure if I get the 'Bad Love'-connection. :dry: Cool song though!

Corina: Many thanks babe, yep absolutely love the Everly Brothers too (we've done a few obviously) and this is surely one of my favorites! I'm not done just yet i think, we'll see. ;) Thanks again! xo

Steve: Hey Steve, great to hear from you again! I can see why you would somewhat expect Neil to cover this one. I believe in my catalog of 'oldest' artists/songs that i love, it would be The Everly Brothers, along with The Beatles and Elvis Presley. Other than that, i'm typically a hippie-child, very much influenced by my parents taste in music, which is why i bumped into Neil on YouTube in the first place.

Anyway, how awesome that you've actually seen them in concert, (will check out the one you've mentioned), i'm sure it was magical!

As a kid i just thought they were so fascinating with their harmonies and i learned a LOT from them in that respect. I think Bye Bye Love was the very first song that i managed to sing in both parts and felt that 'I got it'. I was around 10 years old or something. I think i kept singing it for hours, then the lead, then the harmonies, then the lead, over and over again. :laugh: Oh well....I'm really glad you think they fit me, since i love to sing and play their songs. Like i mentioned to Corina, i'm not done just yet. ;) Thank you very much Steve!

TGNess B)

tombo1230

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Sorry a little late to the party! Love your play through Vanessa, just perfect! :)
Another great tune. The Everly brothers were pretty special in the harmonies department.
Great lesson.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic