Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Triads Up The Neck with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members. Today's lesson pays special attention to triads.

Sandy had been working on playing along with others, trying to create a second guitar part. In this lesson we reviewed a little chord theory and quick ways to find fourths and fifths. We followed that by going into how the three main 3-string shapes or families (E, A & D) can be used up the neck.

It got into tracking the relationships of I, IV & V and how they are linked through the different families. Sounds confusing but most of it clears up over the lesson. An attachment is included with what I wrote down for her.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Neil and Sandy

That's a great little FOTW addition to the Acoustic Genius Series chord reduction lessons.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Dermot

:laugh:

sandysue

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Neil and Sandy

That's a great little FOTW addition to the Acoustic Genius Series chord reduction lessons.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Dermot

:laugh:
thank you Dermot

I just finished watching Neil's genius series again including the fret board geography and realized yet again that learning second guitar parts, and leads requires that you develop a good understanding of how to navigate the guitar fretboard. Im just starting out with learning triads and trying to figure out where all of the notes are up the fretboard. Isn't learning fun. :S

Sandy

michelew

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:22 pm

I agree with Dermot. I’ve only watched the first part so far, but it reminds me of all the stuff I need to brush up on and learn. Great FOTW.

M

sandysue

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:26 am

Yeah I know what you mean Michele . I seem to have to keep re-learning a lot of the music theory and fretboard geography because I don’t keep up with it. I always rely on The lessons and the charts and the tablature which of course are great and necessary. But sometimes I would like to be more creative myself and learn some leads and secondary guitar parts. I think that’s why Neil tries so hard to get us to think for ourselves sometimes So that we don’t become complacent.

Sandy

khoffm

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 am

Great Lesson. I started going through the Triads Neil has on the TG Acoustic Genius series after getting back from IGC. This FOTW really provides more tools to figure more of this out on our own.

Sandy, great job. Thanks Neil.

sandysue

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks Kirt. Neil and Doug have done a great job of providing videos to help us learn all about how to navigate the fretboard but it never hurts to hear about triads again especially as it pertains to specific songs. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic