>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Words - Bee Gees

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release has just been released, Words by The Bee Gees

Words is a gorgeous ballad by the Bee Gees, released in 1967, and has been recorded by many other artists.

This lesson covers the progression, the chords and the strumming in the key of G, both in standard tuning a
s well as Open D-Tuning, as performed by Barry Gibb.

We also take a look at the key of A, which turns out to be even easier. This is the key that I prefer to use
since it fits my vocal range better and I figured that other females might feel the same way.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:23 am

TGNess,

WOW!!!

I remember when you posted this in a busking thread. I loved it then and your playthrough (in A so far) on this lesson is GORGEOUS! We are SO lucky to have someone who is both a talented player and teacher AND a great singer. I love how you’re so conscious of the needs of singers and different people’s vocal ranges when you teach so many of your lessons.

This is a beautiful song and truly deserves a place in the TG library.

Thank you...

Shel
:kiss:

davidrfinn99165

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:35 am

Hey Ness... well i watched the playthrough in G instead and i have to say that was a great performance.....

i loved the guitar embellishments you put in , and a terrfific vocal.. bravo!

TGNesh

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 am

:blush: :cheer: B)

You're so sweet Shel, LOVED to read your comment!!!

I think I busked this one a few months before i joined the instructor staff here at TG (May 2013), shortly after one of the twin Gibb brothers passed away. I almost uploaded that one for the play through, in the key of A that is. But i have fine tuned a few things, so decided to record it again. Tad too slow though :dry:, but oh well.

So glad you've enjoyed this one as well!! I would agree, should absolutely be in Target. I also hope that many others appreciate the choice in keys as well. I do strongly believe in playing in a key that fits ones vocals.

Many thanks again dear friend, big hug to you! :) :) xo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

WOW!!!

I remember when you posted this in a busking thread. I loved it then and your playthrough (in A so far) on this lesson is GORGEOUS! We are SO lucky to have someone who is both a talented player and teacher AND a great singer. I love how you’re so conscious of the needs of singers and different people’s vocal ranges when you teach so many of your lessons.

This is a beautiful song and truly deserves a place in the TG library.

Thank you...

Shel
:kiss:

TGNesh

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:28 am

Hey David, loved to read your comment as well!!

I'm glad you think those embellishments work. I believe the same, but it's always nice to hear the feedback for that matter. In this one it's actually simple, but it does the trick anyway.

Thank you very much for your compliments on the play through!! Sure appreciate it and pleased to hear that i sound okay in G too! :laugh: ;)

Thanks again David,

Ness xo

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Hey Ness... well i watched the playthrough in G instead and i have to say that was a great performance.....

i loved the guitar embellishments you put in , and a terrfific vocal.. bravo!

spinland

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:07 pm

ZOMG! Can I post that? I’m given to understand some folks need to look up some of my slang. Heh. :silly:

Fun little bit of backstory: as a high school teen in the late 70s I was one of “those guys” who wore a “Death Before Disco” t-shirt. That being said, this ballad is transcendent and now you have moved it onto my must-learn list. Key of A, G, or Life, doan care: gotta do this.

You rock, Ness.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic