>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Bird Dog – The Everly Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release has just been released, Bird Dog by The Everly Brothers.

Bird Dog is a song written by Boudleaux Bryant and recorded by The Everly Brothers. It was released in 1958 and
topped the charts in many countries around the world.

The lesson covers the progression, which is mainly a 12-bar blues progression, in the key of A, where the guitar
is capoed on the 2nd fret, as done on the original recording.

We take a look at a few options for the chords as well as for the strumming.

The latter is, in my opinion, the most important aspect of the song. It can be done at the speed of 8th’s, like the
brothers do, or in double time, to give it its driving feel. This is, in my opinion, in particular important when it’s
just you and your guitar, so a few ideas for that are presented.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

guitardude7

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks for more Everly Brothers, Vanessa. It's amazing how rocking you can sound with just a few open chords on an acoustic guitar. I've also seen this just shown in B without the capo, which is playable but makes it a little harder with a couple barre chords and that open chord ringing out as much.

Steve B)

Fred

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Great job Vanessa - bring on more of Don and Phil! I've always loved their harmonies and fondly recall seeing them with Simon and Garfunkel's "old friends" tour.

Best
Fred

michelew

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm

TGNess,

You’re on FIRE!!

That was awesome! Loved it!

I swear I saw smoke coming off that pick. And you looked like you were having fun. The smile at the end summarizes it nicely. :)

It’s always a treat watching you perform. Thanks for another great offering. Great fun.

Shel
:kiss:

TGNesh

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:10 am

Hey Steve, thank you very much!!

My goal in general is to make any song work with one guitar and one vocal part (even though, sometimes, i'd prefer someone else singing with me), so I'm very happy with your feedback. :cheer:

I guess you could play this in any key, and one might be harder than the other. On an acoustic guitar, i usually like the sound of open strings and simply palm mute them a little if i want a more percussive and rhythmical sound.

In any way, thanks again for your comment Steve, appreciate it!

B)

guitardude7 wrote:
Thanks for more Everly Brothers, Vanessa. It's amazing how rocking you can sound with just a few open chords on an acoustic guitar. I've also seen this just shown in B without the capo, which is playable but makes it a little harder with a couple barre chords and that open chord ringing out as much.

Steve B)

TGNesh

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:21 am

Hey Fred, how great to hear from you!

I read your comment and thought: 'we should totally kill this one together next year!!', at which ever occasion. :) One of my most fun memories of my CA trip last summer was singing all those Elvis tunes with you, in Neil's cabin. That was SO much fun!!!! :woohoo: How i wish we would have footage. Well the beauty of it was, of course, getting into it as spontaneously as we did.

Anyway, how cool that you've actually seen them perform, along with S&G, must've been pretty magical! So which other songs would you have in mind?

Fred wrote:
Great job Vanessa - bring on more of Don and Phil! I've always loved their harmonies and fondly recall seeing them with Simon and Garfunkel's "old friends" tour.

Best
Fred

TGNesh

Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:27 am

B) I was surely having fun Shel, how did you know?! :laugh: :cheer:

Nah...i know, it was obvious, i sure can't hide it :silly: . I've always loved the Everly Brothers and this is just such a fun song to play and sing.

Thank you so much my friend, always love to read your comments, such ego boosters!! B) You're the sweetest! :kiss:

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

You’re on FIRE!!

That was awesome! Loved it!

I swear I saw smoke coming off that pick. And you looked like you were having fun. The smile at the end summarizes it nicely. :)

It’s always a treat watching you perform. Thanks for another great offering. Great fun.

Shel
:kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic