>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Living Doll - Cliff Richard

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release has just been released, Living Doll by Cliff Richard.

Cliff Richard is a singer from the UK, who has had a career for almost 60 years. With his backing group, The Shadows,
who were first known as The Drifters, he dominated the British popular music scene in the pre-Beatles period of the
late 1950s to early 1960s.

Living Doll, released in 1959 and re-released in 1986, was his 5th record and first No. 1 single.

This lesson shows how Richard plays it himself, which he does in the key of A, as done on the original recording.

We cover the little intro bassline, the chords, including a few different shapes and the strumming. The latter should
be done with swing feel and picking out alternating bassnotes for chords I and IV.

We also take a quick look at how to transpose the progression to the key of G, which is easier for beginners or for those
who’d like to sing it lower.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

guitardude7

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 pm

Thanks for this one, Vanessa. Great song!

I discovered Hank Marvin first in my musical journeys, hearing his instrumental stuff with the Shadows. Then I learned they used to back up Cliff Richard and checked out his stuff. Great singer/performer.

This song immediately made me think of a video I saw on YouTube of Cliff and Hank playing the song "Travelin' Light" on a British tv show from back in 1994. I just put it up with the link under the Recommend A Lesson if anyone wants to check it out. It's just both of them sittin' next to each other playing acoustic guitars. Hank provides some great accompaniment with some licks/fills and a short solo.

Thanks again,

Steve B)

davidrfinn99165

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 am

Wow Ness, you are on an early-days kick at the moment.. the Everly Brothers, Cliff.. keep it going !!

Bravo on the playthrough again, of course !!

tombo1230

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Great play through Vanessa. Cliff Richard.....never saw that coming :)

Tom N.

michelew

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:13 pm

TGNessa,

Back to the ‘50s. You been raiding your dads record collection again? ;)

Very cute playthrough. :)

Thanks for the blast from the past Ness.

Shel

TGNesh

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 am

Thank you very much Steve, glad you like some Cliff here at TG! :)

He sure is a great artist, such a great sounding voice actually. I've always had the utmost respect for him, for the way he got through almost 6 decades of being in the music industry. No scandals, no sex(-scandals), drugs, but of course there was rock n roll. :laugh:

I can't make any promises for Travelin' Light, gotta get to the most obvious one first. ;) I'll keep it in mind though.

Thanks again Steve!

guitardude7 wrote:
Thanks for this one, Vanessa. Great song!

I discovered Hank Marvin first in my musical journeys, hearing his instrumental stuff with the Shadows. Then I learned they used to back up Cliff Richard and checked out his stuff. Great singer/performer.

This song immediately made me think of a video I saw on YouTube of Cliff and Hank playing the song "Travelin' Light" on a British tv show from back in 1994. I just put it up with the link under the Recommend A Lesson if anyone wants to check it out. It's just both of them sittin' next to each other playing acoustic guitars. Hank provides some great accompaniment with some licks/fills and a short solo.

Thanks again,

Steve B)

TGNesh

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:09 pm

:laugh: Yeah, I guess I am! I probably have at least one other on my sleeve. These must be the oldest songs in my own TG lesson library. Very glad you like it. :)

Many thanks for your compliment on the playthrough!! I couldn't help to have fun too! :cheer:

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Wow Ness, you are on an early-days kick at the moment.. the Everly Brothers, Cliff.. keep it going !!

Bravo on the playthrough again, of course !!

TGNesh

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Great! I like coming up with songs/artists that you didn't see coming. ;)

Thanks for the play through comment! You might not think so, but for whatever reason, it didn't come in 1 take. :S Sometimes it does, and sometimes it takes forever...no matter if it's an 'easy' song or not. I of course mind the guitar playing, but the vocals just, if not more, as much.

Oh well, got it down okay enough after all. :)

Many thanks Tom!

tombo1230 wrote:
Great play through Vanessa. Cliff Richard.....never saw that coming :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:26 pm

:laugh: Yeah, you would think so eh?! :laugh:

Well it's definitely due to my father that i'm familiar with such artists and bands. I can even remember buying the records. I was quite a little kid back then. But i absolutely loved it all! Elvis, Beatles, (funny enough not The Stones in particular, even though i very much liked my dad playing their songs), Everly Brothers, Shadows etc. The Eagles, CSN&Y and such came a few years later.

Thanks dear Shel! I take cute too. :laugh: B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Back to the ‘50s. You been raiding your dads record collection again? ;)

Very cute playthrough. :)

Thanks for the blast from the past Ness.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic