>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Move It - Cliff Richard

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release has just been released, Move It by Cliff Richard.

Move It is a song, written by Iam Samwell and recorded by Cliff Richard and The Drifters, later known as The Shadows.
It is credited with being one of the first authentic rock ‘n roll songs produced outside the US. It was released as Richard’s
debut single in 1958 and became his first hit record.

This lesson shows how Cliff plays it by himself in the key of E. It breaks down the progression, the chords and strumming,
and the little intro riff.

We in particular take a look at how he somewhat dresses it up, when there is no lead guitar player to fill in the spaces
between the vocal lines.

For example, he does that by picking out individual bass notes, which requires accuracy from the strumming hand.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 am

How cool is THAT!?!

Cookin’ With gas Ness!

Fun stuff.

B) :kiss: :)

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:20 am

Wow, Loose Women made it onto Totally Guitars at last .. this has to be a first surely !!

UK daytime TV rocks...(well, sometimes) !!

Thx for the lesson Ness.. love the playthrough as always.
/ david

tombo1230

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:42 am

That’s a really cool play through Nessa, I can see you really enjoyed that :)
Did I pick this up right? After 38 years, that’s a new second verse? If it is that is insane :)
In a good way. :) You really rocked the play out. :) I mean really!!

Tom N.

TGNesh

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 am

:cheer: B) :cheer: :laugh: :) I was having fun for sure Shel! :woohoo:

I relate to the lyrics in the song: 'the rhythm that gets into your heart and soul (, let me tell you baby, it's called rock 'n roll)'....it sure did in mine when i was maybe 8 or so. I remember seeing Elvis in Jailhouse Rock, it just grabbed me immediately and I went out with my dad to buy my first Elvis-record. My latest lessons have shown me that i've actually never lost that feeling (well i tasted it at last IGC as well). In thruth, it was hard to sit still, otherwise i would've knocked over the screen behind me. :laugh:

Many thanks sweet friend! xo B)

michelew wrote:
How cool is THAT!?!

Cookin’ With gas Ness!

Fun stuff.

B) :kiss: :)

Shel

TGNesh

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 am

It does?? :laugh: In thruth, i wouldn't have a clue, and didn't pay attention at all, as in what show etc. But I'm glad you like it's debut here at TG. ;) So what's up with 'Loose Women'?

Thanks for the compliments David, i really always appreciate it!

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Wow, Loose Women made it onto Totally Guitars at last .. this has to be a first surely !!

UK daytime TV rocks...(well, sometimes) !!

Thx for the lesson Ness.. love the playthrough as always.
/ david

TGNesh

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:55 am

That obvious eh?! :laugh: :laugh:

Well it's absolutely true. As i mentioned to Shel, rock n roll got deep into my heart and soul at a pretty young age. It obviously has never left (the building :laugh: :dry: ).

So you didn't know there was a 2nd verse added as well? I had no idea! :ohmy: But yes, you picked it up right. Cliff actually explains it in detail how it all went about in the 'Loose Women'-show. Same guy who wrote the 1st verse btw.

'Really rocked out the play out', I can so live with that. :cheer: Thank you very much Tom!

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
That’s a really cool play through Nessa, I can see you really enjoyed that :)
Did I pick this up right? After 38 years, that’s a new second verse? If it is that is insane :)
In a good way. :) You really rocked the play out. :) I mean really!!

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic