>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - Carole King

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is live! We have Will You Love Me Tomorrow? by Carole King.

Carole King’s 1971 album Tapestry included a bunch of great songs, most of which were written in 1970.
They wanted to include an older song of hers and Will You Love Me Tomorrow became the ‘oldie’, a song
she had written as a teenager with lyrics by Gerry Goffin. The recording also featured James Taylor and
Joni Mitchell backing her up.

This lesson is an attempt at playing a piano-type accompaniment on the guitar, which can make for some
unusual chords and difficult moves. It also includes a simple strumming version and some ways of
fingerpicking it, combining arpeggios with some percussive playing.

The level is based more on those versions as the piano version could prove somewhat challenging.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Great choice Neil!!!

I have always enjoyed this song since her "Tapestry" album. This one definitely goes on to my list to learn sooner than later!

I also appreciate your lesson breakdown for strumming, finger picking, or adding more piano styles into the song. I am actually thinking that as a solo, it will be nice to incorporate a bit of all 3 into the song. But,,,, I am getting a little ahead of myself here.

Thank you so much!
Bart

TGNeil

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Great choice Neil!!!

I have always enjoyed this song since her "Tapestry" album. This one definitely goes on to my list to learn sooner than later!

I also appreciate your lesson breakdown for strumming, finger picking, or adding more piano styles into the song. I am actually thinking that as a solo, it will be nice to incorporate a bit of all 3 into the song. But,,,, I am getting a little ahead of myself here.

Thank you so much!
Bart
Hey Bart,

You may remember that weeks (or months?) ago I noodled on the on the News. This turned into a big distraction thinking I had to make that part of the lesson. I finally decided to go with the more accessible versions and forget about the improv instrumental version that kept intercepting my plan. Maybe tomorrow I'll demo a little instrumental version on the News.

Neil

familyman4

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 pm

Neil,

I have actually played this song (Ben E King Version) in the key of "F". capo on the 3rd fret and playing in the key of "D" position. And when I've played it, it was more of a strumming version with a bass note and raking the chords. It sounded pretty good but it will be better in the key of "C" and picking out more melody notes.

Thanks again!
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:19 am

I really like the piano version Neil, looks tricky but sounds really nice. I can hear Carols voice as you're playing.

i can imagine you doing this too Bart :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic