>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Nothing Compares 2 U - Chris Cornell

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is live! We have Chris Cornell's cover of the Prince song Nothing Compares 2 U.

Nothing Compares 2 U is a ballad originally written by Prince and made famous by Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor in 1990.

It was again covered in 2016 by American singer-songwriter Chris Cornell, best known as the lead vocalist for the rock bands
Soundgarden and Audioslave.

He posted a link of him performing the song, as a tribute, on the day after Prince’s death.

This lesson takes a look at this version, which Cornell performs on the guitar. It covers the chords, the strumming and the
progression.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

tombo1230

Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi Vanessa, Claire and I were just watching your play through and both agree, that was simply stunning. Very emotional performance. :) Awesome!

Edit:I’ve listened several times now and your guitar looks and sounds amazing as well. What strings are you using?
If you performed this song at an open mike you would blow the audience away! :)

Tom N.

michelew

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

TGNess,

... you break my heart...

Sad, beautiful and ... well ... heartbreaking... version of this powerful song from Prince. What a talent he was. It’s nice to see him finally make it to the TG library. I doubt I’d ever be able to sing this one though; way too emotional.

I love your work Ness as always.

:kiss:

Shel

familyman4

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:56 pm

Vanessa my friend,

Nothing compares to you!

Great job!

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:59 am

Very nice Ness! :)

davidrfinn99165

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Great playthrough Ness.... i feel like i really heard the song for the first time.

TGNesh

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 pm

:blush: ....I'm a little pleasantly surprised/overwhelmed... :ohmy:

To be honest, I had almost nót done a play through. I só felt that i couldn't do any version any justice :S . Then again i am of course 'able' to just play and sing through it, which i know many appreciate from an instructional, putting it all together, point of view, even though i thought I sure didn't cut it...

Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled to hear your comments and feedback. :) :) :) :cheer:

Tom: I'm truly flattered Tom, ánd Claire! How awesome to have you both watching it and enjoying it too. Just love your comment and i couldn't be happier, especially since I, as mentioned, didn't expect it and also coming from you two. I'm glad you like the guitar too! I simply use Daddario 0.11-0.53 and i sure love the sound out of it. Many thanks to the both of you!!

Michele: And then I read yóur comment and i thought 'Huh? How can this be? You liked it as well?' It's a heartbreaking song for sure and I'm actually still amazed that my 'version' came across as it did. How I always love your support and comments, i'm sure you know that by now. Thank you very much! :cheer: :kiss:

Bart: Hey my friend, what can i say... :) :) In dutch we would say, 'i'll put that compliment in my pocket'. :laugh: Is there something similar in english? I hope you get my point. When reading your comment after Tom and Shel, i thought....'hmmm....maybe it wasn't too bad after all then' :laugh: :laugh: Thanks so much Bart!

Chris: Thanks Chris! :)

David: And then you sure topped it off David!! :cheer: btw Please tell me you'll be coming to Holland mid July???!!!! Would love to see you again and hang out and play music!

Many thanks guys and girls, you unexpectedly made my day! :laugh: :cheer: xo

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic