Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Nerves with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
sandysue

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Victor.

Thank you for your take on how to deal with anxiety when preparing to perform. It really helps to hear you say that you feel nervous when you perform too. You always look so calm and play so well when I watch you perform at IGC. Maybe it’s also better not to think that every performance needs to be absolutely perfect since that’s probably an unreasonable expectation anyway.

Sandy

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:59 pm

hi sandy...you played and sang that song really well..... this is absolutely something you know how to do.. go girl!

my one tip is i'd echo neil in saying it is such a good idea to say something on stage before you start to sing the song. even if it is just as little as ' hi, my name is x, and this song is called y....' then it gets you used to the sound of your voice on the mic , gets you confident in your position on the chair/stool/whatever in relation to the mic, it means the first sound you hear isn't your singing voice bouncing back at you off the mic or from the room etc. . It also creates an additional short space of time for your heart rate to slow down from when you walk up to the stage.....

i am sure you will rock jim's house down !!

crieniecat

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Sandy you are improving every time!
Jimmust be proud of you as is Neil, as we ALL are here at TG!
Being put on the spot and posted just like that, Neil knows how to expand your talents.

Lovely sung and well played. I hope we can do a performance of it at IGC together?
I'd be honored :woohoo:

And nerves... pfoe don't get me started, I'm still nervous every time I need to get up on stage...
Once there, it doesn't help me to talk first, because as soon as i start singing I don't hear much of it, I'm fully concentrated to listen to the music played and hearing my random thoughts like ""try to remember the lyrics, sing in tune, keep on breathing and smile every now and then, am I not singing too loud, It's cold in here, is Marc W. drinking the Meomi wine etc. etc. etc. :woohoo: :laugh: ;) B)

Oh well you get my point, Im proud you are challenging yourself and with such great result!!

Big hug dear friend
Corina

spinland

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Great share!

I'm so often rocking a piece in my car, but when I'm going to be called on to perform it live? Total brain freeze.

Thanks for this lesson, and I'll be spending some quality time absorbing the relevant points.

Love you guys!

Mark

sandysue

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 am

David Thank you for the great advice. you're so right that it's important to take a little time to say who you are and at least give the name of the song you're about to play up at open mic. I have to admit that I'm usually so busy worrying about how to get to that last measure of whatever song i'm playing as quickly as possible, that sometimes I even forget to mention who I am. :S

Corina, you're making me laugh. I can't even imagine you being afraid at all about singing on stage with that beautiful voice of yours, but I could see you being worried that Marc was going to drink your wine while you were busy up on stage. My mind wanders sometimes too while i'm trying to focus on what I'm supposed to be playing and singing. I could totally relate to all of the funny things that go thru your mind while you're busy trying to perform . And yes I would love to play and sing any song with you at IGC. What a wonderful treat that would be for me. :)

Mark: Yes total brain freeze. That's a good way to put it. It's that fight or flight thing that's really helpful if you're being pursued by a predator out on the Serengeti but not so much when you're trying to play the guitar on stage at Asilomar in Pacific Grove Ca.

Sandy

mweston

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:34 am

Hey Boss! Great job! You seemed really at ease and sounded great! So if you felt a little nervous, then don't worry, it didn't show at all. Hoping to see a video of you at Jim's monthly get-together.

Marc

crieniecat

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 am

mweston wrote:
Hey Boss! Great job! You seemed really at ease and sounded great! So if you felt a little nervous, then don't worry, it didn't show at all. Hoping to see a video of you at Jim's monthly get-together.

Marc
Hi Marc! How's the Meomi keeping up? ;) :laugh:

mweston

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:39 am

crieniecat wrote:
It's cold in here, is Mark drinking the Meomi wine etc. etc. etc. :woohoo: :laugh: ;) B)
Corina dear, I am definitely *always* drinking the Meiomi. Don't let yourself get distracted by wondering about that!!! :woohoo:

Marc

mweston

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:42 am

crieniecat wrote:

Hi Marc! How's the Meomi keeping up? ;) :laugh:
Two bottles in the wine rack !!! :unsure: :lol: :silly:

crieniecat

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:45 am

mweston wrote:
crieniecat wrote:
It's cold in here, is Mark drinking the Meomi wine etc. etc. etc. :woohoo: :laugh: ;) B)
Corina dear, I am definitely *always* drinking the Meiomi. Don't let yourself get distracted by wondering about that!!! :woohoo:

Marc
So my distraction techniques of handing over a cracker doesn't quite well work...hmmmm? :ohmy: :blink:

Great to hear from you my friend :kiss:
Looking forward to IGC already!
Training for it, wine tasting needs it's professional approach of course! B)

Come over to the European camp as well, I'll introduce you to some good wine (and crackers!)
:woohoo: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic