Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Nerves with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
mweston

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:50 am

crieniecat wrote:
Come over to the European camp as well, I'll introduce you to some good wine (and crackers!)
:woohoo: :laugh:
Better than Meiomi?!! I better get my passport application in! :S :silly:

crieniecat

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:04 am

mweston wrote:
crieniecat wrote:
Come over to the European camp as well, I'll introduce you to some good wine (and crackers!)
:woohoo: :laugh:
Better than Meiomi?!! I better get my passport application in! :S :silly:
Hahaha, do that! And drag Sandy with you!! You will love it!
(Sorry Sandy to hijack your post :ohmy:)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

sandysue

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 am

Dear Corina and Marc. i can't stop laughing at you two, but I fear that my band mates are rapidly deteriorating. Thanks, now I have something else to worry about. :woohoo: Maybe I should just get you each your own case of Hollywood Red from the great town of Hollister and we can just keep it up on stage with the both of you, to prevent further distractions. :S I can't wait for IGC 2018 so I can hang out with all of my favorite musical friends. :)

Ps Marc have you started practicing yet? I mean your guitar. We may have to limit your exposure to Corina for a while so you can get something done. :P

Love, Sandy

tjwatson10167

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am

Hey Sandy,

That was so nice. Really smooth at an even tempo. You will do fine at Jim's. Thanks for sharing.....and have that glass of wine after you perform. Wish I could be there. Hope someone captures it on video and shares it.

Enjoy,

Ted

sandysue

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 am

Thank you Ted.

Luckily Jim thinks of his once a month open mic sessions as workshops which takes some of the pressure off, but he does usually video everyone's performance. If I get up the nerve maybe I will put my video up at TG if Jim doesn't mind. That is if I don't totally chicken out and call in sick on that night. :S :)

mweston

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:47 pm

sandysue wrote:
Ps Marc have you started practicing yet? I mean your guitar. We may have to limit your exposure to Corina for a while so you can get something done. :P
I have been playing, but not the SandySue number we are planning for IGC this year. :blush:
I start this weekend I promise.

I don't think my drinking wine with Corina should be your main concern. You should worry more about the Angel's Envy with Wiley! :ohmy:

BTW: I've watched your video that started this thread a few more times and I'm even more impressed. Excellent job! And I agree with Neil that if your performances are within 10% of that (I would say 20%) you should be proud of it.

OK...off to practice now...

Marc

sandysue

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Thank you Marc, that's very sweet of you to say. OK i guess you can keep hanging out with Corina, she seems to be having a good influence on you at least most of the time :S Keep practicing. :)

crieniecat

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Whahahhhaa!! You guys crack me up!!
Sandy, it was especially due to Marc, Ted and Bart we had no lack of wine, AT ALL! B) :laugh:

As said, I guess we all have our practicing to do now.... hehehe ;)

Cheers! :woohoo:

spinland

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:58 pm

This year won't work for me, but maybe in 2019 I can plan a Euro vacation around your next IGC there. That would be so amazingly cool. B)

TGNesh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:03 am

Hey celebrity-fly on the wall-star, you're a hit :cheer: ;) !!

What a great thread, with such complimentary comments (well deserved!!), filled with lots of humor by some :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and also stuff that i can relate to myself.

I'm with everybody else, but just gotta say myself that i'm so very proud of you!! :kiss: I admire how you keep pushing yourself by throwing yourself out there, no matter how frightened you might be. As a result you're getting better and better every year. Yes, i know, the nerves might be something you'll never get rid of completely.

I'm with Victor on that one. Personally i 'just' accept that they're there. They keep me alert, sharp (not sure if that is translated as i mean it) with both feet on the ground. I've had, thankfully only a few times (a long time ago) that i wasn't nervous before the performance and then it hit me on stage :ohmy: . Now, thát sure wasn't fun :S , so i get nervous when i'm not nervous. :dry: :laugh: :laugh:

But indeed, that actually never happens. I'm always nervous (sometimes quite a bit, sometimes a little less), but i've learned how to deal with it and how to not let it control me. I control the nerves instead.

Yes experience helps a great deal of course. Also knowing that i've put all the work in it helps too. At one point you'll built up a certain amount of confidence that you wíll be able to pull it off, no matter what. I mean, if you think about it, no one ever really died on stage, right?! :laugh: (well not because of nerves that is :dry: ), so you'll be good to go next time. ;) And you háve pulled it off every year that i've seen you perform. I love it btw when you stand too, that's so cool!! B)

As for recording on camera, personally i find it, in my case usually when doing a play through for a TG-lesson, very very hard. It's a different kind of performing compared to do so in front of an audience on stage..... It's like Neil said (i think), it's there on video forever. Every time you watch it, you'll see/hear whatever 'mistake' again... :S Don't get me wrong, i can live with a few, but sometimes not in specific important parts of the song.

In any way, last week, when you did this fotw, i was busy recording Goodnight Saigon. I could totally relate to you :laugh:, because I can tell you, my heart was actually pounding for that one. :blink:, including sweaty hands at times. It's a long song with several tricky parts in there. So before starting to play it, (i certainly didn't do it in 1 take) I would try to control my breathing by taking a few deep breaths, and told myself that i wóuld succeed....sigh..... Well, as you can imagine....the generous comments in that thread made it all worthwhile. :) :)

All in all, i thought you did fabulous!! What a beautiful song it is, fits you so well. I also loved the little instrumental part, topped it off even more. You just played through the whole song so well and I thought you looked quite relaxed, even if you didn't exactly feel that way. In short, to me you're a star on stage ánd on camera! :cheer: :cheer:

Big hug! :kiss:

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic