>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNesh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:37 am

Wow......you guys and girls are just só generous.....

Michele: Ooooowh, i just can't do your comment justice :S :blush: , but it made me smile for sure! :cheer: :kiss: You've mentioned several things that i try to do with the song, so i just love hearing your feedback. And yes, a 10 part lesson :blink: , só much information stuffed in there and simply not an easy song to play, even though it might look that way. Thanks so much dear friend, big hug! xo

Eric: One of your favourite songs? Who knew?! That's awesome and we'll surely take a look at it together when you get here. Thanks for dropping in Eric!

Sandy: Hey Sandy! I'm glad you like the song, even though you didn't know it. I always though the same of it, so beautiful and powerful, and yes very sad too :( . As a kid (I was 10 at the time) it really fascinated me, also because the video showed the tragic of it all. Billy Joel sometimes lets veterans sing the chorus in his shows when performing it. That's pretty special and powerful too. Many thanks Sandy!

Mark: Thank you very much Mark! I'm sure anyone not having experienced war themselves can't ever fully understand. I think Billy Joel's intention with the song was to just tell the story as he had heard it from many veterans. And the story is just beyond sad and tragic, over there (in Vietnam) obviously, but over here (when they returned home in the US) unfortunately often as well. Anyway, thanks again Mark!

Chris: Thanks Chris, i absolutely agree with you!

Dermot: A 'TGVanessa special' :cheer: B) Thank you very very much Dermot! :cheer:

Tom: Hey Tom, absolutely loved to read your comment! I can surely live with another (even bold) wow!!!! :blush: Sure like the other adjectives too B) . As I mentioned to Shel, it is exactly what i try to do with the song. Especially since i'm playing it by myself. Like you, i've always loved the song and thought of it more as a piano song. Listening to it now (I just wanted to play it on guitar anyway and i do believe it's possible to play almost any song on both instruments) i was somewhat surprised to hear there is a prominent guitar in there all the way through, just didn't particularly noticed before :dry: . After Joel plays the intro, the guitar, all by itself, takes over for several verses. So i took it from there and tried to find a way to get the piano bits in there. I'm so glad to hear that it worked out well enough. :cheer: Thank you very much Tom, appreciate it! (So glad we'll finally meet again this summer!!!)

Corina: And last, surely not least ;) , there yóu are...leaving me by now actually a bit speechles :ohmy: ... Love everything you said... :blush: B) :kiss: Thank you, thank you!! :cheer: Next time i see you, i'll collect the huge hug for sure!! :laugh:

Many thanks all, you again made my day and more than that! #motivated #anotherchallengetackled

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic