>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Girl From Ipanema - Antonio Carlos Jobim

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi Everyone!

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, The Girl From Ipanema by Antonio Carlos Jobim.

Bossa Nova is a sound and style that developed in the late 1950s mostly by Brazilian guitarist Joao Gilberto. Antonio Carlos Jobim
is probably the most famous composer of the style and his composition The Girl From Ipanema the most popular piece. It has been
a favorite among guitar players since it was released by Gilberto and sax player Stan Getz, along with Joao’s wife Astrud on vocals
in 1964.

This lesson takes a close look at the right hand accompaniment technique and common patterns played fingerstyle, the chords and
melody as done in the standard version in the key of F, as well the original guitar part as played by Gilberto in the key of Db.

Both keys use common jazz chords that may be new and unfamiliar to students who have not played in the style before. Most are play
on just four strings with the right hand plucking just those strings.

The accompaniment pattern consists of the thumb playing on beats 1 and 3 with the three fingers playing together on different
combinations of the eighth note beats.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Neil,

I watched your preview and appreciate you doing the split screen for the lead work! What a fun song this will be to learn! I actually started learning some Bossa Nova style chords and patterns a couple of years ago and then it fell off of my radar. Time to get back to it....

Thanks!
Bart

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:12 am

Great choice for a lesson thx Neil...a true classic... more bossa plse!!

/ david

thereshopeyet

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Neil

Looks like a great lesson.

Brilliant split screen play-through.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic