Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - The Soundbrenner Metronome with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, The Soundbrenner Metronome with Sandy.

Sandy came in with her latest gadget, the Soundbrenner metronome, which can be strapped on like a watch to your
wrist or ankle. It can be controlled with an app and you feel a pulse rather than hear a click.

In this lesson she runs through You Needed Me while watching and feeling the beat. We talk about some metronome
strategies as well as revisiting stage fright and nerves from the previous week.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

familyman4

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Sounded really good Sandy!

I always get a kick out of the fact that you are wearing a heavy coat in TG Central and Neil is in shorts and a T Shirt. That coat looks so heavy I'm surprised you can move your arms to play... :laugh:

Not really sure what to think about your new technology but if you feel like it helps you, I guess that's a good thing. As long as it helps and doesn't hinder, keep on strumming. (In perfect time)

Always a pleasure.....
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:35 pm

Do they have one that shocks you into keeping in time? :laugh: B)

sandysue

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi Bart :
thanks for noticing that Neil is dressed for the beach, and I on the other hand are dressed for -!0 degrees Fahrenheit. I know that it's indefensible so I'm not even going to try and explain :P :)

I do love my new Soundbrenner metronome and I think it's helping me to play and sing more rhythmically. It's making it easier for me to learn to keep the right rhythm and tempo. It just takes a little practice to learn to use it. :) :) :)

Hi Chris: I'm pretty sure that this device is not really designed for shock therapy but it definately gets your attention :S :)

mweston

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:24 am

Hey Sandy...is that the jacket that includes the battery-powered heater? :lol:

And can you synchronize the metronome across several different people so everyone performing can keep in time?

crieniecat

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:05 am

mweston wrote:

And can you synchronize the metronome across several different people so everyone performing can keep in time?
:woohoo: :laugh: :P :lol: :woohoo:

sandysue

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 am

mweston wrote:

I do have a battery powered heated vest that I sometimes wear Marc as you remember from
Asilomar, but I usually wear it under my down coat. But I didn't need it at Neil's because he keeps his heater on in his studio for me. That might be why he is dressed for the beach. :P :P :P

Yes you can add multiple soundbrenner devices to the same app so that everyone can synchronize with each other. In theory that could be the way to have perfect timing with each other, minis all of the human error factors. :S :S

Sandy

sandysue

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:53 am

crieniecat wrote:
mweston wrote:

:woohoo: :laugh: :P :lol: :woohoo:
Corina, I seem to recall that someone was complaining about being cold at IGC last year and was starting to eyeball my heated vest with envy, and now here you are laughing. Just wait girl you'll be envious again pretty soon. Don't forget to bring all of your warm layers from home this year. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P :P

willem

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:47 pm

sandysue

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:05 pm

thank you so much Willem for posting the link to the soundbrenner metronome in case anyone else wants to know more information about this device. I know I teased about it on this FOTW but in truth I've been using it almost everyday and it's really helping me with my timing. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic