>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Hello - Lionel Richie

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, Hello by Lionel Richie.

Lionel Richie is a multi Grammy Award winning American singer-songwriter and record producer. He was a member
of the funk and soul band the Commodores before launching a very successful solo career in 1982.

Hello is a beautiful romantic ballad and was released in 1984 as the 3rd single from his 2nd solo album ‘Can’t Slow
Down’. It became a huge hit around the world.

The song is primarily done on a piano and turns out to be easily transcribable to the guitar.

The progression is in the key of Am, with a few chords out of the key. It features several colorful chords, and the lesson
shows a few different ways of playing them.

We take a close look at the right hand. This includes basic fingerpicking, strumming with either fingers or a pick, how
to do a combination of both, and some ideas of how I would personally prefer to perform it.

I can’t stress enough that the song is all about the right hand. It’s about how to attack the strings and how to approach
it dynamically to create the right feel and intensity.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am

Wow Vanessa. Thats all I can say. WOW!

TGNesh

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Hey Scott, that’s so kind of you. I lóve to get a big wow! :cheer: B) Thx so much buddy!

michelew

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:18 am

TGNess,

Oh...MY...GOD!!!!! That was indescribably beautiful.

I knew you would do an amazing job as you always do.... but you’ve outdone yourself this time.

... my gosh... I don’t know what else to say.

Stunning arrangement of a gorgeously romantic song. And your playthrough just kills me. ... your playing is perfect for the song and your voice... dead gorgeous.

And the sound quality you’re getting is brilliant.

I agree with Scot - just WOW!

I’m just getting back into playing. This one may well give me the inspiration I need to get serious; even though it’s so emotional... and sad and lonely. It sounds so fantastic and mood is so strong.

Brilliant.

L

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:03 pm

..what Shel said !

thx Ness

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Vanessa

Great play through and lesson.

Dermot

familyman4

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:38 am

You had me at HELLO!!!!

Went straight to the play through. Beautiful! I love the finger-roll you use on the Amadd9 chord, it creates a lot of feeling and sets the mood. This song fits you perfectly.

Thanks again!
Bart

guitardude7

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:41 am

Vanessa,

Once again, a great song. Thanks!

I'm a little weak sometimes with the finger-picking. I'm trying to slowly go through the Right Hand section of the videos. One thing that would really help is if you could put a pdf tab of different finger-picking patterns up as well, or at least call out the string numbers as you show different patterns. You're running through a number of different patterns (which is great, btw) but I am having a hard time getting each one down. Maybe it's just me, but this would help a lot.

Other than that, it's really not a hard song to tackle. I really love the chord voicings and different dynamics.

Steve B)

crieniecat

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Another cool song/lesson!
you're on a role girl!!

:woohoo: :kiss: :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Very nice Ness!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic