>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - One - Three Dog Night

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, One by Three Dog Night.

One was the first big hit for Three Dog Night in 1969, setting the tone for another 20 or so great songs. Written by
Harry Nillson, their arrangement was mostly piano based with a few guitar embellishments.

This lesson goes into a campfire version played in the key of Em with a capo at the first fret, as well as a piano version
using voicings from the recording. That part is played in Dm at the third fret mostly grabbing the chords on three or
four strings.

The piano version also incorporates a guitar vamp that is played over the changes with a very unusual rhythmic twist.

The level is based on the guitar version which is done a few different ways, ranging from very easy to intermediate. The
piano version is a bit more challenging.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:01 am

Neil;

This is very cool. I love that you’re offering different ways to play it; to suit different levels of skill.

Listening to the original, it’s begging for a cool collaboration. :)

Thanks.

Michele

davidrfinn99165

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:08 am

Wow Neil, thx for putting so much into this... the piano arrangement looks fun!

This song wasn't a hit in the UK (I really do like Mama Told Me Not To Come which was Three Dog Night's first chart hit here) .

So I just heard this song for the very first time and i have to say it is about the dumbest song i have ever heard.. it makes Schembre's Fish Song sound like MacArthur Park. i particulalry like the part at 2 minutes when the backing vocals come in singing 'Number!'' :woohoo:

Actually I am starting to like it........

michelew

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:51 am

Haha! Hilarious! :)

How can you go past those complex lyrics? It’s right up there with “she loves you ya, ya, ya!” No wonder it was a huge hit... in lots of places. :)

:P :P

BTW - David, I can’t believe I know a song that you don’t. :) one for the record books.

davidrfinn99165

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 am

michelew wrote:

BTW - David, I can’t believe I know a song that you don’t. :) one for the record books.

It was a hit in Australia?? I rest my case........

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 am

Don't think I ever heard this either.... hard to imagine the beeping of the engaged tone over the phone could inspire an actual song! :laugh:

TZZ, if you ever do a collab on this, the backing singers will have the easiest job EVER! :laugh: Take a look at the two guys dressed in vintage 60's garb waiting at least 80% of the song to get there 2 cents in :laugh:

thereshopeyet

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 am

Neil

Brilliant !

:ohmy:

davidrfinn99165

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:13 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

TZZ, if you ever do a collab on this, the backing singers will have the easiest job EVER! :laugh: Take a look at the two guys dressed in vintage 60's garb waiting at least 80% of the song to get there 2 cents in :laugh:
haha chris.... you're right ! i could do the job of the backing vocalists....for the first 2 mins at least ! hope they got paid an appearance fee and not by the word.... :woohoo:

michelew

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:45 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Don't think I ever heard this either.... hard to imagine the beeping of the engaged tone over the phone could inspire an actual song! :laugh:

Too funny. Perhaps their stunned mullet imitations were what was needed. :) the single has heaps more energy. :) but good points. :)

TGNeil

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Here is another great tune they did that this video makes unlistenable and unwatchable...

Enjoy!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic