>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - After Midnight - Eric Clapton

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, After Midnight by Eric Clapton.

Originally written by JJ Cale, but made infamous by Eric Clapton on his self-titled album from 1970, After Midnight
is one guitar-heavy song that will keep your fingers moving.

Up-tempo, rhythmic and funky, this Clapton tune has just about all the ingredients for a killer guitar cocktail.

From the syncopated double stops to the string bending licks, this lesson covers all the ground that made this one
of my favorite guitar tunes when I was first starting out.

Heavily blues-based and using standard rock technique, this is a great song for a early-intermediate player to take
their playing to the next level.

By relaxing your fretting hand and concentrating on barring your first finger you’ll be more than half way to conquering
the riffs in this Clapton hit.

With just a few riffs to master and some tasty lead licks, this lesson is sure to get you on the track to blues-rock stardom!

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

unclewalt

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Ok, the fact that I have to say this makes me feel like 1,000 years old but the declaration that this song game out "late 70s, early 80s -- maybe even mid-80s" is a bit off (as noted in the text above, it's from 1970).

Also: "made infamous by Eric Clapton" -- maybe if you're a JJ Cale purist, if there is such a thing.

Looks like a cool lesson.

unclewalt

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm

unclewalt wrote:
Ok, the fact that I have to say this makes me feel like 1,000 years old but the declaration that this song game out "late 70s, early 80s -- maybe even mid-80s" is a bit off (as noted in the text above, it's from 1970).

Also: "made infamous by Eric Clapton" -- maybe if you're a JJ Cale purist, if there is such a thing.

Looks like a cool lesson.

Come to think of it, though, it seems like a reasonable mistake to make, in a way, for someone who was not alive at the time. The song kind of fits in with Clapton's later work, and would not have been totally out of place on "Slowhand" or "Behind the Sun."

davidrfinn99165

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 am

Thx for another great lesson Max!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic