Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Diamonds And Rust with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 am

Hi everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, Diamonds And Rust with Sandy.

Sandy wanted to take a look at Diamonds And Rust by Joan Baez. It is a great song from a few angles, one being that it has a
really interesting vamp played over an Em chord that carries over into the verse.

It also has a slightly unusual fingerpicking pattern, playing three bass notes in each measure, with the second one on the ‘and’
of beat 2.

This was our first look at the song so we really only went over the vamp and the verse, waiting on the bridge and intro until
those parts were a little familiar.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

dekotaj

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Good job Sandy. I do like this song. Good luck.Look forward to you getting it finishing and playing it for us

the best Kev

sandysue

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:50 am

dekotaj wrote:
Good job Sandy. I do like this song. Good luck.Look forward to you getting it finishing and playing it for us

the best Kev
Thank you Kev

I love this song too, it is in a minor key so it has a kind of haunting sound. I think the hardest part for me will be to add the singing to this particular fingerpicking pattern since it's slightly different than I'm use to. hopefully once I finally get it all put together, I will be able to record and post a video on the TG forum. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic