>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Helter Skelter - The Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, Helter Skelter by The Beatles.

This may be the very first heavy metal and/or punk rock song ever written. At a time when distortion was more of an accident
than a desired tone, and when stomp boxes were barely in existence, the Beatles managed to craft an unbelievably aggressive
sound in this epic hit.

By learning how they used an overdriving amp to create the cacophony of sound, you’ll get a deeper appreciation for the most
common effect we guitarists use today.

In addition you’ll get the inside scoop on all the dissonant harmonies and tension building chords throughout the song.

Finally, you’ll learn how to bend and make your guitar wail like George Harrison did during the short but effective lead licks in
this song.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

davidrfinn99165

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:48 am

Many thx Max, another great Beatles lesson !

guitardude7

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Another great lesson! Thanks, Max.

Like all great musical trivia stories, there are various accounts of this story. However, supposedly Paul McCartney read an interview with Pete Townshend talking about how with their new song "I Can See For Miles" he was trying to make the heaviest, rockingest, most raucous song, and this gave him the idea to try to do the same and "Helter Skelter" was the result of that.

Steve

thereshopeyet

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

I enjoyed this Paul McCartney interview.

Dermot

Paul McCartney Breaks Down His Most Iconic Songs

TGMax

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I had a lot of fun doing this lesson, I hope you all enjoyed it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic