>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - All The Best - John Prine

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, All The Best by John Prine

John Prine is a master at taking something somewhat simple and turning it into a really enjoyable, poignant piece. Most of the time this is due to the lyrics he comes up with but his guitar playing can be interesting too. In spite of the fact that he only uses his thumb and one finger to pick, he comes up with nice embellishments many times.

All The Best is played in the key of G, like most of his songs, capoed at the fifth fret, or wherever suits the players voice, and includes one of these embellishments that might prove a bit challenging. Otherwise the song is what I would consider generic fingerpicking. If you have a good command of alternating bass techniques you should be ready to add this tune to your repertoire.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Neil

Great addition to the John Prine lessons

Dermot

jayswett

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Great lesson. I thought I had heard all of his songs. I was wrong.

Rbinding

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 pm

This is awesome! Thanks, Neil for more John Prine! A great song and great lesson. His fingerpicking is simple yet so difficult to figure out what he is actually doing. I really enjoyed this lesson and I'm looking forward to more.

Ron

jayswett

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Here's another fun John Prine video of a song that I can't find on any of his albums. It's called How Lucky Can One Man Get.

jayswett

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:52 pm

I think I posted a link to that video a few years ago. Maybe its worth another look.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic