>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley.

American singer and entertainer Elvis Presley doesn’t need an introduction at all. He finally, and rightfully,
makes his way into the Target Program.

Can’t Help Falling In Love is a love ballad and appears on the soundtrack of his 1961 movie ‘Blue Hawaii’.
It has been covered by numerous artists ever since.

This lesson shows a fingerpicking arrangement in the key of C, somewhat copying the piano. It features
almost all the chords in the key, including different inversions and a few chords out of the key. The finger
picking pattern is very common, basic and relatively easy.

After Elvis’ comeback in 1968, he would almost always finish his live concerts with this song. It was
arranged to serve as a grand finale and appears to be much faster and highly energetic. It includes a
keychange at the end of the bridge which carries over into the final verse and outro.

It’s this part that we take a look at as well. A segment of how to play it in the key of G is also included.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

tombo1230

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Ah ha, really made me smile when I saw that you had done this song, an absolute classic :)
Beautifully sung, I was singing along with you. Quite within most people’s grasp I would say. I really loved the outro, finishes the song beautifully. Very,very nice indeed! :)

Tom N.

sandysue

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Great lesson Vanessa. I love this song. It’s one of his best. Thank you for this lesson. :)

Sandy

familyman4

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Great lesson Vanessa!

I play this song in the Key of "D" but I think I will give it a try in C now and C what happens.. :laugh:

Corina - Looks like you got an early birthday present from Vanessa with this song lesson! Enjoy...

Bart

michelew

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 am

TGNess...

Just watched your play through... I don’t think I’ve EVER heard it performed so beautifully... sublime...

.... just stunningly beautiful. ...

And the sound you’re getting is album quality. I sure hope you’re putting one together... please put this on it.

BTW - I love the cheeky joy you’re exuding at the end when you’re playing the outro. You’re like a little kid who’s found the lolly jar. Gorgeous. :)

I LOVE it all.

I’ll be getting into this lesson for sure.

And it’s nice to finally see Elvis officially in the library.

:kiss: :kiss:

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Did I miss a blue moon or something? :laugh:

Very nicely done Ness! I'll never hear the end of this from a certain other Dutchie.... :P

guitardude7

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:56 am

Gotta love Elvis! Thanks for another wonderful lesson, Vanessa. Thanks for taking time with the fingerpicking review. I need it :silly: 50,000,000 Elvis fans can't be wrong!

Thank you. Thank you very much,

Steve

crieniecat

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Woooohoooo FINALLY!!!! B) Sure feels like a birthday, but nope Bart, you're not off the hook here ;)

Such a happy camper here... hehehheheh!! My smile is HUGE :laugh: :woohoo:
Brilliantly played and sung my dear :kiss:

Let's " treat" Neil to on of our live performances of this song ;) :laugh:
If i'm still invited after this post!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for bringing Elvis into the TG world :kiss:
Corina.

Fred

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Well done Vanessa! "thank ya, very much" for bringing Elvis into the TG family. How about an encore with a lesson on "Are you lonesome tonight?" Just sayin!

Cant wait to start this one. Here's a picture of the Blue Hawaii Album from my collection:

Best,
Fred

TGNesh

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Hey folks, finally back in here again and so very THRILLED to read all your awesome comments the past week! At least i got you guys in my corner. ;)

Tom: Thanks so much Tom, your comment made me smile too! A classic for sure. I'm really glad you liked my singing, since it was a bit on the high side for me :blink: . But I guess it worked out :) . I would agree, definitely a doable song for most people, i like that i have to say. As for the outro, if you mean the very very end, it was actually a little teaser for another songlesson that i have in mind. Nice that it caught your attention. I will surely get to it. Thanks again Tom!

Sandy: Hi dear Sandy, thanks so much for your comment and great to hear you love the song! In thruth, i can totally hear you play and sing it. :) Probably higher, key of C, maybe capo I. I think you'd sound fantastic! B)

Bart: Hey my friend, many thanks! Key of D should work just fine as well Bart ;). And yeah, i'm very happy that i got Corina on my side when it comes to Elvis. We have both loved him pretty much all of our lives. :) When playing together, she would usually sing the lead and i'll just throw in some harmonies here and there. I think we even 'busked' it in the older TG-days. I remember that there was wine involved....hmmm... :dry: :laugh: :laugh: :P

Michele: ....gosh woman.... :blush: :kiss: ...what can i say, just thrilled to read your incredibly generous comments. :cheer: Especially since it was a bit of a stretch for me to sing it in the key of C, with the guitar a half step down (key of B ). I prefer A or Bb at the most. I'm very happy that the sound is what it is nowadays. Well of course the guitars sound better too. And a little bit or reverb does wonders for anyone's vocals. ;)

And yeah, singing Elvis songs does that to me :laugh:. It brings out my little kid who fell in love with him at such a young age. In thruth, i've been playing and singing dozens and dozens of his songs in the past couple of weeks. SO MUCH FUN, I absolutely love it :woohoo: . Makes me happy. In any way, the outro, as i said to Tom, is actually the intro to another ballad by him. I'll get to it soon. ;) Thanks so much my dear friend. :kiss:

Chris: Thanks Chris! You mean, Blue Moon of Kentucky? :laugh:

Steve: I couldn't agree more Steve!! Gotta love him for sure! :cheer: And you're very welcome. ;) Many thanks!

Corina: :laugh: :laugh: Gotta love the enthusiasm!!! I knew I could count on you. B) Well Neil bared with Fred and me singing half a dozen Elvis songs in his cabin :woohoo: , so he'll likely endure our take on this one too. ;) Probably not without the usual rant, you know him. :S Thanks for the support babe, big hug! xoxo

Fred: Hey Fred, I figured you'd be pleased and on my side as well. :) :) Finally, Elvis in Target, it's been a long time coming. As for Are You Lonesome Tonight, the teaser outro in the play through should tell you enough. ;) But first a couple of 'rockers'.

Can't see your picture unfortunately... :( , even though i know what it looks like. Awesome to still have actual albums. Btw as you can imagine, would love to hear it from you next time at camp or in the cabin, or at Ed's place, or wherever, you get the picture. See you in summer!

Thank you very much all you wonderful TG-friends, smiles, smiles, smiles over here!! :cheer:

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic