>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley.

Are You Lonesome Tonight?, written by Roy Turk and Lou Handman in 1926, was another huge hit for Elvis
Presley in 1960, after his two-year service in the US Army.

It’s a beautiful ballad in ¾ and features an arrangement in the key of C, which makes it very doable for
most guitar players.

We take a close look at the chords, the strumming with swing feel, and the progression, including the little
intro bass lines and (vocal)harmony line in the outro.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

davidrfinn99165

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:27 am

Great job on the playthrough Ness ! Well done on the spoken part particularly - I've always found it much harder to pace this section than the singing .

crieniecat

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:40 am

I agree with David, what a wonderful play through!
And how beautiful does this song suits your voice, I loved the feel you brought into it and the playing was very soft and kind, it carried it all into a very mellow place...

Thanks dear, really enjoying this musical Elvis train ride :kiss: :kiss:
Corina

michelew

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:18 am

WOW! Make that three fans.

Perfect! But, then I’d expect nothing less from you on this classic Elvis number.

I agree with my compadres. Your play through is beautifully nuanced and your voice suits this SO well. Your playing is of course exactly what’s needed.

I couldn’t pull this one off in a million years. You of course do it with complete confidence, authentic Elvis.

Awesome.

Nice one.

Shel
:kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Its amazing how well you sing this one Ness... :)

tombo1230

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Another great play through Vanessa.......I’m all shook up :)

Great job!

Tom N.

guitardude7

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Thanks, Vanessa. Lovin' it. Thanks for the nuances with the F chord and the walk down from C to G7 and the hammer on with the C chord and the outro stuff. Really makes the lesson special.

Steve B)

TGNesh

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Hey lovely bunch of TG-friends!

It sometimes takes a while, but i always want to come back to a lesson tread to show my appreciation for your generous comments. And generous they are. :) :)

David: Thank you very much David! I can imagine that the spoken section is harder, it is of course. Especially when you're talking ánd playing. You gotta split your brain! :laugh: :P

Corina: :) :kiss: :cheer: ....the musical Elvis train ride, awesome that you're enjoying it too :cheer: ! I never really thought about how i actually sound when singing this, so i loved to hear that you think it suits me. You elaborated quite a bit more in private :blush: ......needless to say that...well...can't find the words..so....well mmmmwuah!! :kiss: B)

Michele: And then you followed up... :blush:...loved everything you said...by now i should kinda feel that it was okay enough. :laugh: B) Three fans, awesome!! :woohoo: :laugh: Thanks so much my dear friend, you're the sweetest, big hug!! :kiss: xoxo

Chris: Like i mentioned to Corina, I've never really thought about how i sound when singing this song, so by now i was kinda like....do i really?! :dry: :laugh: So I am very pleasantly surprised. :) :) Many thanks Chris!

Tom: :laugh: :laugh: Awesome!! Thanks Tom! B) ;)

Steve: That's so great to hear Steve, am really glad that all those little details make a difference. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make it work. ;) Thank you very much!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic