>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Don’t Be Cruel & Treat Me Nice by Elvis Presley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson double release for you, Don’t Be Cruel & Treat Me Nice by Elvis Presley.

Don’t Be Cruel is a song recorded by Elvis Presley and written by Otis Blackwell. It became Elvis’ biggest selling
single in 1956.

The arrangement is done with only four chords in the key of D and this lesson shows how to play it in both
standard and dropped D-Tuning.

Dropped D-Tuning is by far preferable, and I certainly encourage you to tackle it, since it allows you to play the
signature intro riff and descending bass line in the outro. It should be very doable for even beginning guitar players.

Since it’s a very similar song, we also take a look at Treat Me Nice, which is from the soundtrack of Elvis’ 3rd
movie ‘Jailhouse Rock’ (1957).

It was written by the well known songwriting duo Leiber & Stoller, who wrote several songs for him and numerous
other artists.

The main difference is that the arrangement uses E7 instead of Em.

Both songs should be done with a swing feel and it’s nice to alternate bass notes. A few other details are mentioned
that show how you can dress it up a bit.

Enjoy these level 3 lessons!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Elvis lives.... on! B)

guitardude7

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 am

Just got back from a mini vacation with the family over the boys' spring break. Got into this last night and this morning. Loving it!

Thanks,

Steve

michelew

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Hey TGNess,

I’ve been trying to access your lesson and your play through in particular, but I’m having some account issue.

But, after watching your preview, I’ve seen enough I know that this is another fun looking lesson and that of course you’ve donned your Elvis personality and you’re singing up a storm again. B)

Very cool.

Thanks Teach!

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:22 pm

:laugh: :laugh: I hope so Chris! ;)

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Elvis lives.... on! B)

TGNesh

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Gotta thank you so much for supporting me all the way through this, as Corina puts it, Elvis-train ride! :cheer: Needless to say that it's so great to hear you're loving it. Thanks again Steve!

guitardude7 wrote:
Just got back from a mini vacation with the family over the boys' spring break. Got into this last night and this morning. Loving it!

Thanks,

Steve

TGNesh

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey Shel,

Please tell me you got your account fixed, is it?

I can't tell you how much fun i've had recording this and the other Elvis play throughs. :) :) In thruth, in this play through, I had to seriously resist the temptation of playing through 4 or 5 more songs. I managed to stick to 3. :S It already started in highschool, i simply couldn't choose and decided (for a particular performance) to put it all into a medley, playing through parts of at least 7 or 8 different songs. :laugh:

Thanks so much my sweet friend! :kiss:

michelew wrote:
Hey TGNess,

I’ve been trying to access your lesson and your play through in particular, but I’m having some account issue.

But, after watching your preview, I’ve seen enough I know that this is another fun looking lesson and that of course you’ve donned your Elvis personality and you’re singing up a storm again. B)

Very cool.

Thanks Teach!

Shel

crieniecat

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:19 am

Ooooh yes! The way you perform Elvis songs is incredible! B)
You indeed make him come alive a bit and ever since highschool it has been obviously one of your favorite artists, and lucky for me as i've seen and heard you play and sing his songs as if you were channeling him.

Thnxs dear for the lovely and wonderful train ride B) :kiss:
Corina.

TGNesh

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:54 am

Thank you very much babe! :cheer: :kiss: B)

Yep, you were right there when i did my first Elvis-medley! I even remember getting off stage, walking through the audience to join you where you were sitting. Still full of adrenaline :laugh:. It was a hilarious performance as well. Ripping out my guitar cable several times, because i couldn't stand still. :S :laugh: I still owe you 'Young and Beautiful'. ;)

And after being on this train ride the past month, i can say, he was and still is my favorite artist ever, period.

Ness

crieniecat wrote:
Ooooh yes! The way you perform Elvis songs is incredible! B)
You indeed make him come alive a bit and ever since highschool it has been obviously one of your favorite artists, and lucky for me as i've seen and heard you play and sing his songs as if you were channeling him.

Thnxs dear for the lovely and wonderful train ride B) :kiss:
Corina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic