>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Pipeline - Guitar Instrumental Arrangement

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, an instrumental arrangement on the classic tune Pipeline!

Pipeline is an iconic surf tune written in 1962 by a couple teenagers, Brian Carman and Bob Spickard, high school
buddies in Southern California who joined the surf movement as The Chantays. The song has been covered by a very
diverse group that includes The Ventures, Dick Dale, Anthrax, Agent Orange, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I have performed a solo guitar version at concerts over the years but never quite arranged it formally, until now. There
were some modifications that had to be done and a lot of artistic decisions to make, some of which are addressed in the
‘Goals & Obstacles’ segment. The biggest goal was to combine the bass line with the opening lead guitar lines, the Em
and Am phrases. This will prove challenging to most students but is possible if you work on it very slowly until it is clean.
The opening glissando, the tremolo, descending slide will also take some concentrated effort to work in smoothly.

Don’t let the level of difficulty discourage you from tackling this tune, you will get a lot of enjoyment out of just working
through some of the phrases and sections.

Enjoy the first segments of this level 9 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ement.html

sandysue

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Neil I asked you to teach me Pipeline along time ago after I saw you play it once at the concert during the first IGC I think. You showed me how to play it and we wrote down a few notes for me but we never had the tabs on it so I just had to learn how to play it mostly from observation and memory. Over time I just got busy with other songs and lost track of how to play this awesome song. I just looked and now you have the tabs up and Gpro as well. Im really excited to start working on the tabs again and relearn this song. thank you for this lesson. :) :)

Sandy

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Neil

Gosh, that is amazing.
You are too good !!

Brilliant

Dermot

:ohmy:

tgjameela

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi Everyone!

Part 5 has just been released for this lesson.

This new section covers the last measures of the A Section where you are just holding a few chords, B7, C7 and Am, playing a repetitive picking pattern. The pattern can be easily played as written in the tab, or be embellished with a back roll, spreading out the 3 strings rather than playing them together. Of course this makes it much more difficult and I recommend working on most other parts first.

This segment starts with a couple other fingering options for the Am Phrase.

Enjoy this new lesson addition!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ement.html

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Its a very cool tune. Nice Neil!

tgjameela

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Hey Everyone!

We hope you have been enjoying this lesson so far!

Parts 6 - 8 have just been released, click here to check them out!

Enjoy!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic