Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - At Last with Victor

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, At Last with Victor!

Our IGCers are familiar with Victor who has joined us for the last few years. He came to TG Central to work on a few songs
that he was planning on playing at a wedding in the near future.

He had been working on Eva Cassidy’s version of At Last, most of which he had in pretty good shape. There was a particular
chord voicing that she used for Eb7 and D7 that were new to him and we spent a lot of time listening carefully to what Eva
played.

The shape she was using for those was from the C family, specifically C7, which is not as versatile as the E and A families
but is moveable in many situations.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ictor.html

familyman4

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Great FOTW!!!

Neil, You are brilliant as always!

Victor, wish I could be a FOTW at the wedding and hear you play this. (And maybe even sing it?) Sounding wonderful and with the tweaks that you two have worked on, I am sure your music will be a huge success!

Thanks for sharing!
Bart

sandysue

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 am

Wow Victor. I’m so amazed with you knowledge and talent for music. I thought when we first met you at IGC A couple of years ago, you said that you were just learning to play the guitar. Either I misunderstood or you are even more amazing than I thought. Anyway thank you for the great FOTW.

And of course Neil you are really a brilliant musician to echo What Bart said. There seems to be literally no facet of music and guitar playing That escapes your expertise. It seems so easy for you. We are lucky that you like teaching and sharing your knowledge With all of us. Thank you. :) :) :)

vzg14

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 am

Thank you Bart and Sandy.

Bart - I wish my singing voice is as good as yours so that I could truly do this song justice, but I may have someone else singing in my place. Thank you very much for the compliment and words of encouragement.

Sandy - No, I've been a "recreational" player for many years especially in my youth and more recently, but with a long drought in between. Maybe having gotten more focused in playing again in the last 5 years or so may have made you think that I was new to playing. Regardless, I truly appreciate the compliment.

A huge thank you as always Neil. Working with you is making this song sound sooooo much better.

-Victor

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic