>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Three Times A Lady by The Commodores

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Three Times A Lady by The Commodores!

Three Times A Lady, written by artist Lionel Richie, is a song by American soul group the Commodores,
from their 1977 album ‘Natural High'.

This lesson shows a fingerpicking arrangement in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the first fret.

It features relatively easy chord shapes and several chords with bass notes other than the root.

The song is in ¾ time and one could keep the picking very simple. Yet, it is encouraged to change it up a
bit and to incorporate some of the melody notes as done on the piano, including a little of the guitar solo.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 pm

Absolutely beautiful lesson, Vanessa. Thank you very much for creating a lesson on this classic love song.

crieniecat

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 am

Always found this such a beautiful song!
Lovely to see it here at TG.

I'm sure it's another great lesson from your hand
B) Corina :kiss:

michelew

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 pm

TGNess,

I’ve finally got the time to enjoy your lesson; well of course I’ve gone straight to dessert - your wonderful playthrough. It’s just stunning, as I’ve come to expect. It’s the perfect uncluttered accompaniment to your sensitive and beautiful singing; so full of feeling. Lionel would be proud.

I’m sorry I deprived myself of hearing it earlier.

I haven’t gotten to the lesson itself yet, but it sounds like you’ve given us everything we need to do it justice.

Thanks Teach.

Shel
:kiss:

tombo1230

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 pm

Class!
I’ve always loved this tune. It really is a classic song and very beautiful.

Great play through Vanessa.
I think this is one for me to tackle, it’s in my singing range for sure.
Nobody sings like Lionel Ritchie right enough. ;) :)

Thanks for a great lesson Nessa, you never disappoint :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Tue May 01, 2018 5:49 am

Finally getting back to you great folks, sure love your support! :cheer:

Jason: Heeeey MJ, so nice to see you dropping in here and leaving me such a kind comment as well. :) I would agree, it's a classic love song, perfect to sing/play for your lovely wife. ;) Many thanks Jason, miss ya!

Corina: Yeah, i always thought it was a beautiful song as well. It should be in Target for sure. Not easy to teach though. It needs the right feel, sensitivity and you name it, to make it work. I hope i've done that. ;)

Michele: :blush: :cheer: B) What you're saying is exactly what i'm aiming for....it's so rewarding to hear it coming back to me. Like i mentioned to Corina, it's not easy to teach. To get the right feel, or sensitivity or whatever it is, you gotta play with intention, and for that you have to páy attention, something like that. This is how i treat every note, i play them with intent. In any way, thank you very much, big hug!! :)

Tom: Aaaaah Tom, you're the kindest! Needles to say, i loved your comment. :cheer: Great to hear you will tackle it yourself. You're right, nobody sings like Lionel does ;) . I find many of his songs just absolutely gorgeous. So i have at least one more up my sleeve. Another one which is not easy to teach, but i'll try anyway. :) Many thanks for the compliments Tom!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic