>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler!

Total Eclipse Of The Heart is a power ballad recorded by Welsh singer Bonnie Tyler. It appears on Tyler’s
fifth studio album ‘Faster Than The Speed Of Night’, released in 1983, and became her biggest career hit.

This lesson shows an arrangement which features both fingerpicking as well as strumming.

We cover the progression, which starts out in the key of Am, followed by a few sudden twists and turns,
and into the key of G for the chorus.

We also take a look at how to copy a few of the piano fills, in particular for the intro, the instrumental
verse and outro.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:27 am

TGNess,

Another classic from the 80s. This is an ambitious song to do on a single instrument, but DAMN if you didn’t give me chills when listening to the beginning of your preview. You definitely captured the haunting feel and then build from there. It’s an emotional and powerful ballad to be sure.

Cool choice for a lesson.

Shel
:kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:53 am

Nice Ness! :laugh: Level 6 will require a little more ouzo....... :laugh:

TGNesh

Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 am

Hey Shel, this is surely an ambitious song to do, both vocally as well as musically. :S But i’ve always loved it, so wanted to get to it anyway.

Chills, now that is a GREAT sign!!! :cheer: This is another one of those songs that is full of little details and nuances in order to get the right feel, which should be haunting, emotional and powerful too. So I love to hear that back from you.

I wish i could’ve sung through the whole song, which i somewhat can on a really good day, without any prior talking at all. :laugh: By the time i got to singing it, i was already a little hoarse. But oh well... :huh: :laugh:

Thanks so much sweet friend! :kiss:

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Another classic from the 80s. This is an ambitious song to do on a single instrument, but DAMN if you didn’t give me chills when listening to the beginning of your preview. You definitely captured the haunting feel and then build from there. It’s an emotional and powerful ballad to be sure.

Cool choice for a lesson.

Shel
:kiss:

TGNesh

Tue May 01, 2018 8:32 am

:laugh: :laugh: Then it should work for you, you’re on Crete, right? Enough ouzo over there. :laugh:

Thanks Chris!

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice Ness! :laugh: Level 6 will require a little more ouzo....... :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic