>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Still by The Commodores

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri May 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Still by The Commodores!

Still, another beautiful ballad written by artist Lionel Richie, is a song by American soul band the Commodores
and appears on their hit album ‘Midnight Magic’, released in 1979.

This lesson teaches an arrangement in the key of D, where the strings should be tuned down a ½ step, in order
to play with the original recording.

It features four chords that are relatively easy, but using multiple shapes and fingerings.

The challenge is to incorporate melody notes as played on the piano, including a few fills which re-appear several
times throughout the arrangement.

Anyone tackling this song should be comfortable fingerpicking in general and have the ability to shift from home
position to shifted position back and forth.

It is encouraged, as often with this kind of arrangement, to randomly play through it. It is also crucial to pay close
attention to how the notes sound and to make sure the right hand plays them with the right touch and sensitivity.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm

TGNess,

WOW!..... what a wonderful arrangement you’ve created for solo guitar and voice. ... just gorgeous.

And your play through is SO touching. It’s full of such sensitivity, feeling and nuance. Thank you so much for showing us how to deliver this beautiful song... with so much meaning and capturing the melody fragments so nicely.

I love your work.

Shel

President of the Ness appreciation club. :kiss: :lol: :silly: :kiss:

TGNesh

Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 am

:laugh: :laugh: You sure are the President of the Ness appreciation club Shel!!! :woohoo: You got many more titles than that i'd say. ;)

What a wonderful comment you left me :kiss: . The arrangement has its challenges and performing it even more. It might not look that way, but to get the right feel/touch/notes in all the right places and such, well it takes more than you would expect. :blink:

Needless to say, i'm so glad you liked it!!!! :cheer: B)

Thanks so much dear Shel, love your endless support and comments, huge hug to you! xoxo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

WOW!..... what a wonderful arrangement you’ve created for solo guitar and voice. ... just gorgeous.

And your play through is SO touching. It’s full of such sensitivity, feeling and nuance. Thank you so much for showing us how to deliver this beautiful song... with so much meaning and capturing the melody fragments so nicely.

I love your work.

Shel

President of the Ness appreciation club. :kiss: :lol: :silly: :kiss:

tombo1230

Tue May 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Shel has said what I was thinking while watching your play through.
That was just class, pure and simple and it was the feeling you put into
the playing that stands out so much. Just beautiful. :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:30 pm

I'm incredibly late Tom, but i hope you know that it doesn't say anything about how much i appreciated and loved to read your comment...

In thruth, this lesson was kind of a nightmare :( ....I had uploaded the whole thing, ready to be released, and then pulled all of it back and recorded it all over again. I really want to be happy about anything I release, so re-recording it was worth it, eventually that is :S . For that, your generous comment and feedback on the play through is even more apppreciated then you can imagine :kiss: . It really makes it worthwhile that i tried to make sure that every note comes out the way i want it to come out. It was a challenge, i can tell you that...

All in all, a big thank you to you is in place! :) :) :cheer:

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
Shel has said what I was thinking while watching your play through.
That was just class, pure and simple and it was the feeling you put into
the playing that stands out so much. Just beautiful. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic