Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Peaceful Easy Feeling with Kevin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, Peaceful Easy Feeling with Kevin!

Kevin is trying to get a bunch of songs in shape to play along with some buddies on an upcoming camping
trip. We had worked on a couple Eagles’ songs, which usually were in keys that he couldn’t sing in. One
approach to this is to capo up a bit and sing down an octave.

Peaceful Easy Feeling we had taken up to the third fret, staying with the original chord shapes in the key of
E. We started off with a little chord theory about sus4 chords, then into the differences between the folk
and rock strumming patterns.

Eventually we got into transposing it a little higher, into the keys of G and A, and comparing the sounds and
feels. I also got into thinking about progressions as chord numbers in the key rather than memorizing a song
by chord names. This can be a very useful technique to add to every student’s toolbox.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... kevin.html

dottmcse85630

Thu May 24, 2018 1:06 pm

This was very helpful for me!

I've been struggling with the vocals and had not though of capo up as Kevin did.
I'm excited to try this capo'd and gonna try transposing to G.

I really liked the leaf blower background but it was really not in time with the guitars!

Dennis

Thanks for sharing.

spinland

Thu May 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Great stuff! The FotW series is one of my favorites, it helps me feel like I'm right there getting into the idea flow with you guys. :side:

TGNeil

Thu May 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey Dennis,

I can usually work around leaf blowers but this was vintage airplanes in for an annual show at Moffett Field. There are a couple bombers and a fighter from WWII flying overhead most days this week.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic