Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Leo’s Visit To TG Central

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 am

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, Leo’s Visit To TG Central!

Leo is a traveling TGer who came in for a lesson as part of his California vacation. We spent the first part of
the lesson getting acquainted, going through some personal history, and Leo talking about his practice
routines and goals. As we finally got to playing he showed me an arpeggio exercise he does regularly and we
talked a bit about hand position and fretting technique.

Part 2 started with a look at House Of The Rising Sun and placing fingers down in playing order rather than
slamming them down all together. We touched on volume and dynamics, and how working with them can affect
your accuracy. Quicksand came up as an example. More Than A Feeling came up next and we worked on the
timing in the intro.

In Part 3 we continued with More Than A Feeling, getting into the strumming sections and working in a little barre
chord theory and technique, particularly related to the ‘A’ family set of chords. This segment with using a
metronome for the song and some encouragement for students to really work on improving those skills.

Part 4 started with Dust In The Wind, looking at the intro, which headed into thoughts on holding notes down
when useful, or not. We listened to the interlude and sorted out some finger issues there, and then got into exercises
Leo had been doing. Smoothing out a chromatic scale became our next focus.

Our session ended with a short look at the intro to Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress by The Hollies but we didn’t
have time to go too far into it. But I did record a slow version with the metronome for him. We revisited picking
technique, paying attention to when to anchor your right hand and when not to and then said goodbye.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ntral.html

sandysue

Thu May 31, 2018 5:48 pm

Good job Leo. It’s nice to see you on FOTW. Keep up the good work. :) :) :)

Sandy

familyman4

Thu May 31, 2018 7:18 pm

Hello Leo,

I haven't been around the TG site very much lately but managed to catch all of your instruction videos with Neil. Wow, you really have a lot of material to help you keep pushing forward with your guitar playing. I hope you have a copy of your lesson video so you can watch it over several times. So cool to see and hear you playing! Neil is certainly in his "teaching zone" during your lesson. So fun to watch and so much information to carry on with. Little things that will add up to so much while on your journey with the guitar.

Good luck and congratulations on getting to set down with the "Master"! Great experience....

Keep on playing.
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 am

Nice Leo, looks like you are getting more than a feeling on that song! Reminds me to get back to it.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic