>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Air That I Breathe by The Hollies

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, The Air That I Breathe by The Hollies!

The Air That I Breathe is a ballad written by Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood. It was initially recorded by
Hammond and appears on his 1972 album ‘It Never Rains In Southern California’.

It was a major hit for the Hollies, who recorded it two years later after hearing a beautiful cover version done
by Phil Everly the year before.

This lesson is mostly based on the Hollies’ version, but shows some insight on how Hammond plays it in
concerts as well.

We take a look at the chords in the key of C and A, the double time strumming and the progression. The latter
is a little unusual with a few chords out of the key, by changing a few from major to minor or vice versa. It also
features a couple of barre chords.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm

TGNess,

Nice choice for a lesson. It’s a great song and one I wouldn’t have thought of learning. But I really like the moody changes from major to minor of the same. ... chord ... G to Gm, F to Fm and such and the intensity that brings.

As always your playthrough is gorgeous and I hope to hear you do the Everly Brothers versions with your posse. :)

I like the fingerpicking approaches you’re showing us in the preview too. I always enjoy the ways that you show us possibilities.

It’s funny how life goes in cycles, how patterns emerge or how something opens our eyes to them; I’m doing a mindfulness meditation course at the moment - part of which is focusing on the breath and how that feels in your body - and here you are teaching songs that get me to focus on Breathe in another way. :lol:

Thanks Teach!

Shel

tombo1230

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:38 pm

This is a gorgeous song choice I have to say. I remember when this version came out and how well the vocals harmonised. I must listen to the Everly Brothers singing this, as it will probably be in my collection and I had forgotten about it. I am guessing it will be pretty good, but this version by ‘The Hollies,’ was superb!
Great job on the play through performance as usual. :)

I will watch the whole lesson after work if I ever get up! Who works on a Saturday anyway? :( :)

Tom.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 am

Vanessa

It's impossible to keep up with the lesson output of TG, but it's always fun and interesting to look forward to the new lesson releases / Weekly surprises :dry:

Great play through.

Dermot

:)

spinland

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:46 am

Just Breathe, and then this.

TG is like a...breath of fresh air. :silly:

Mark

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 am

Very nice Vanessa, great choice! A haunting song with that classic Hollies sound! About time I learned one of their songs....

TGNesh

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 am

Hey guys and Shel!

Michele: Breathing...yeah, there is something about it I guess :dry: . Whatever you do, keep breathing. :laugh: I watched a concert by Jason Mraz recently, he even makes the audience, and the band, take a deep breath (he is very much into yoga) occasionally throughout the performance. :laugh: Well as said above, this is the 3rd lesson in less than half a year in which i cover a song that involves breathing in the title. :laugh:

In any way, in all seriousness, thanks so much for tuning in and your feedback :kiss: . I very much like the moody changes and chords going from major to minor etc. as well. It's a gorgeous song i think.

Not sure if i ever get to to the Everly Brothers version, but it sure is beautiful. Many thanks again Shel! xoxo

Tom: Hey Tom, so good to hear from you too! Glad you like the song choice. I would agree, the Hollies' version is gorgeous, gotta love those harmonies. I hope you got around to checking out the lesson and playing it yourself. Now who works on Saturday?! Or Sunday?! :S :laugh: :P Thanks Tom!

Dermot: Thank you very much Dermot! Yeah, there is enough content and an ever-going flow of new lessons. Who could keep up with that anyway?! :dry: B) But i'm glad to add to the weekly surprises. ;)

Mark: :laugh: :laugh: :silly: Indeed! Nice to hear from you Mark!

Chris: Yep, no excuses, I'd say, just learn this one! ;) Thanks Chris, very pleased to hear you like this addition. :)

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic