>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Jerry Reed – Blues Land - Neil Hogan Instrumental

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Jerry Reed – Blues Land - Neil Hogan Instrumental!

It has been quite a while since we added a very advanced instrumental but now we have Blues Land by Jerry
Reed. This is my arrangement of a piece I don’t think he ever performed solo and it is full of unusual techniques.
We have a lot of grace notes in a few different ways, and a reverse thumb drag that may take a bit of time to
master and incorporate.

It is played in swing time and we get started with the Intro and Section A while I keep working on the rest.

Enjoy this level 9 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 am

Not going to try and fool myself with wanting to learn this one. Not enough time in the day right now. But,,,,what a great challenge it would be! Love the backwards rake with the thumb. I've never thought about that move before.

Jerry Reed was such a great guitar player and Neil, you almost make it look within reach and clear enough to tackle but like I said, not enough time to dedicate to the song. The good news is that I can jump on it another time. With my TG membership it will be waiting for me when the stars align and I find a few more hours in each day :lol:

Wow, just wow!

I am looking forward to hearing of anyone that will be working on this one and progress reports along the way.

Peace out.
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:08 am

A very spectacular piece, very nicely done! Not going anywhere near it :laugh:

tgjameela

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Just released! Parts 6 & 7 of Jerry Reed's Blues Land Instrumental Guitar Lesson!

Section B of Blues Land is a bit easier than Section A, and more repetitive as well. It opens with a
somewhat difficult chord and includes a bunch of sliding grace notes, even some in pairs that are
syncopated with a series of them all coming on the ‘ands’ of beats.

The segment also covers the Coda, really a third ending to Section A that would end the piece.
Also included is a Play Through section with a metronome at 72 beats per minute.

Enjoy!!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Neil

Jerry Reeds Blues Land is a is a great long term project.

Lots of interesting goodies :P in here, thanks.

I like the way in almost every :dry: measure you say something like ....... "Now this is probably the most difficult measure in the song ! " :ohmy:

Dermot

:)

thereshopeyet

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:52 am

Neil

At the end of Part 6 of Blues Land you mentioned you may add the solo.
Have you any plans to include on your lesson list in the near future?

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic