>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough by Patty Smyth ft. Don Henley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough by Patty Smyth ft. Don Henley!

Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough is a ballad written by American singer-songwriter Patty Smyth and Glen Burtnik (fomer
member of Styx).

It was recorded as a duet by Smyth and Eagles’ frontman Don Henley, and appears on her self-titled 1992 album.

This lesson shows how to play the song in the key of G, where the guitar should be capoed on the 3rd fret, to put it in the
absolute key of Bb as done on the original recording.

It uses all the chords in the key, with the exception of chord VII, and one out of the key.

The arrangement features a nice melodic intro, which re-appears a few times, and a relatively easy progression.

The most important aspect of the playing is the use of the right hand. One could strum through the song, or flatpick it, or
do a combination of both. Personally I prefer the latter.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

tombo1230

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 pm

This is a real singer songwriters song. It has a great repeating melodic motif,
beautiful words and melody and very much a song to make your own in terms of how you can not only play it, but also how you choose to sing it.

This is a terrific choice again and one I need to learn. I’ve watched the whole lesson and your superb play through, what am I waiting for? :)

Thanks for another great lesson.

Tom N.

michelew

Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:41 pm

TGNess,

Another beautiful and very sad song. Watching your preview it looks like you’re offering up a lot of great advice as always.

Watching your playthrough... well I have a big lump in my throat now. I love the returning melodic fragment, the sensitive strumming and delicate flatpicking and of course all the little variations throughout. And your singing is heartbreaking and divine at the same time.

Thanks Teach.

Shel
:kiss:

TGNesh

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 am

You're so kind Tom! Loved to read your comment on this song, which is in my opinion a great one too.

You're right, there is a lot that you could do with it. I've watched several covers or versions for that matter. I very much like the duet between country singer Travis Tritt and his daughter. But of course, who could beat Don Henley, so i love the original as well. In any way, it took me a while to figure out how i wanted to approach it myself, well the play through shows what i came up with. Many thanks for the compliments on that one!

So what were you waiting for???!!!! :laugh: We gotta play this together, soon! ;)

tombo1230 wrote:
This is a real singer songwriters song. It has a great repeating melodic motif,
beautiful words and melody and very much a song to make your own in terms of how you can not only play it, but also how you choose to sing it.

This is a terrific choice again and one I need to learn. I’ve watched the whole lesson and your superb play through, what am I waiting for? :)

Thanks for another great lesson.

Tom N.

TGNesh

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:14 am

:blush: You're too kind as well....but i love to hear it anyway. :cheer:

As I said to Tom, it took me a while to figure out how to approach it. Trust me, there were quite a few options there :S . But i think this is how i eventually like to perform it. Needless to say, I love that you loved it and that it pulled a few strings... :) :)

Thanks so much dear Shel, big hug! xo

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Another beautiful and very sad song. Watching your preview it looks like you’re offering up a lot of great advice as always.

Watching your playthrough... well I have a big lump in my throat now. I love the returning melodic fragment, the sensitive strumming and delicate flatpicking and of course all the little variations throughout. And your singing is heartbreaking and divine at the same time.

Thanks Teach.

Shel
:kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic