>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by the Bee Gees

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:24 am

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by the Bee Gees!

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart is a ballad released by the Bee Gees in 1971. It appears on their album
‘Trafalgar’ and was their first US No. 1 single.

This lesson shows primarily how to play the song in the key of D, using Open D-Tuning, like Barry Gibb does.
It includes segments showing the chords in standard and Dropped D-Tuning as well.

Additionally, we also take a look at Al Green’s popular version in the key of E, using a common picking pattern
in 12/8. The latter could be done both with fingers as well as with a pick.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:43 pm

TGNess,

I finally got the time to sit down and look at your offering here. WOW! Teacher Ness strikes again! SO many choices! I suspect the hardest part of learning this song will be deciding which tuning and which style to use. :)

Nice one Ness. The Bee Gees is always an excellent choice.

Thanks Teach.

Shel

:kiss:

tombo1230

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 am

One of the most talented groups ever! The Bee Gees have written songs for a lot of the top artists. Sadly only Barry left now. Pretty much the end of an era...... gotta love the Bee Gees! :)
A comprehensive lesson Vanessa, above and beyond. :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:44 am

:laugh: You're right, the hardest choice is which tuning/style to use. :laugh: I tend to wanna go the Bee Gees-version. Like Tom says, you just gotta love them. Admittedly, Open D sounds fantastic, but a little too much work when the guitar is in standard tuning in general. So I'd go for the latter obviously. Still i love to be able to play in other tunings as well. By now i got a nice handle on Open D, after covering several Bee Gees' songs.

You as a fingerpicker ;) , i suspect you might like to try out Al Green's version, which is obviously a great one as well. Different, but surely beautiful I'd say.

Many thanks Shel, glad you like some more Bee Gees! B) :cheer:

Ness

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

I finally got the time to sit down and look at your offering here. WOW! Teacher Ness strikes again! SO many choices! I suspect the hardest part of learning this song will be deciding which tuning and which style to use. :)

Nice one Ness. The Bee Gees is always an excellent choice.

Thanks Teach.

Shel

:kiss:

TGNesh

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 am

Very pleased with your vote too Tom! :)

I agree with everything you say. I've always loved the Bee Gees. You just gotta ;).

It's incredibly sad that only brother is alive :( ....Barry still has his older sister though.

Many thanks for dropping in again Tom and your support. Only a few days and then we'll play a couple of their songs together!! :cheer:

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
One of the most talented groups ever! The Bee Gees have written songs for a lot of the top artists. Sadly only Barry left now. Pretty much the end of an era...... gotta love the Bee Gees! :)
A comprehensive lesson Vanessa, above and beyond. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic