>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Zombie by The Cranberries

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Zombie by The Cranberries!

The Cranberries are an Irish rock band who rose to international fame in the 1990s. Zombie is a protest song,
written about the 1993 IRA bombing in Warrington, and in memory of two young victims.

It was the lead single from their second studio album ‘No Need To Argue’ (1994), and reached No. 1 on the
charts of many countries.

This lesson is mainly based on an acoustic, stripped down version, released on the band’s album ‘Something
Else’ (2017).

It covers the 4 chord progression in the key of Em and shows several variations for those chords, as also done
by their guitar players.

We break down a few examples of the strumming in double time, which should be done driving and with
consistency all the way through.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:05 pm

TGNess,

So what do you do when a song has four chords? Why YOU show how to play six million variations, 500 hundred drumming patterns... ummm ways to approach the strumming and YOU blow everyone away with an incredible playthough of course!!!

OMG what an awesome sounding play through. You and Riley definitely look like you’re having too much fun for a protest song, but damn if it isn’t powerfully attention grabbing and just way cool. You make a great team. I’d love to hear you harmonising together some day.

Your preview is a lesson all by itself. I can only imagine how much detail is in the lesson segments themselves. I’ll find out when I’m at home with guitar in hand.

I love the driving feel of this song, the syncopated feel (yep you knew that right) and the cool sound overall.

Awesome!

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:26 am

Nice Ness, very nicely sung by Riley, please tell her from me :)

This is a very timely song choice so shortly after the passing of Dolores O'Riordan who's idiosyncratic singing style and Irish accent makes this song so haunting. Also very timely as MissAle has been working on this over the past couple of months too. Let's hope she follows up on it! :laugh:

wrsomers

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Vanessa,

Another great lesson and song from you. The play-through with Riley is great! I love learning the different ways of playing chords.

Thank you!
Lisa

TGNesh

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 am

Hey ladies and Chris, how great to hear from you!

As you can imagine, it's such a blast to play something with Riley. She sings (and performs) with such ease, quite incredible i think, especially since she's still only 13 years old. She did this, for example, in one take, no wards at all... :blink: Needless to say I'm very proud of her! :cheer:

Michele: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, we were having way too much fun for a protest song! :silly: She was the one who came up with the song, but I haven't asked her if she knows what it is about. :dry: Anyway, yes yes, many variations there for the chords, i'm so glad you appreciate those. Personally i love having options and going from one to another on the fly. And as i mentioned, Em is just an awesome chord (and key) to play around with. '500 drumming patterns' :laugh: :laugh: You're too funny! I like variety there too. ;) Thanks so much for the major compliments on the play through! :cheer: I'll pass it on of course and hope to get to a few more at one point. Thanks again Shel! xo

Chris: When doing some research on the song, i indeed found out that she past away just a little while ago :ohmy: .....sure took me by surprise...I mean i haven't looked into/listened to the Cranberries in 20 years or so. And now i finally do, and she has passed away... :S In any way, how coincedental that MissAle got into it the last couple of months, awesome! Let me know if she follows up on it, would love to hear it. :) Thanks Chris!

Lisa: Hey Lisa, how great to hear from you! I hope you've enjoyed learning the song. I'm quite sure you got it in no time, including the several variations. Always nice to easily add more to your repertoire. Many thanks and I'll see you soon!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic