>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Who Knows Where The Time Goes? by Sandy Denny

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you, Who Knows Where The Time Goes? by Sandy Denny!

English folksinger/songwriter Sandy Denny was on top of the music scene in the late 60s and early 70s. She
spent a little time with The Strawbs, then a little more with Fairport Convention, before making a few solo albums.

Who Knows Where The Time Goes? is undoubtedly her most famous composition, having been covered by dozens
of artists over the years. Judy Collins had the first popular version in 1968.

This lesson looks at how the song was done by Fairport Convention on their 1969 album Unhalfbricking. It features
chords in the key of E but many that include open strings droning through the changes. There are some barre chords
of course, and the strumming pattern is based on the ballad pattern with a cut-time feel.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

dtaylor

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 pm

I cannot listen to this, or play it, without shedding a tear after many years ago, hearing this after my mother died and taking solace in the depths of melancholy it took me to. It's strange how one can never escape that moment of sweet desolation no matter how many years of listening to, and enjoying, this gem.

TGNeil

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi Dean,

I know how songs can stay with you forever and I completely understand your feeling about this one. I have my own with my mom as well.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi Neil

Yes, 10 years on..... :S :blush: :S
Great lesson, like the fundamental chord explanation section, moving the chord tones up the fretboard.
It always also puzzles me why in GP6 Chord Creator, same chords can be given different names.

Dermot

sandysue

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm

I think I know what you mean Kevin. I kind of had a similar response when I listened to this song. First I thought what a beautiful song this is and then i felt some sadness and loss. I suppose that’s what the composer is trying to convey, Life is precious and fleeting and we will miss our loved ones. I liked the chord progression. It’s really pretty. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic