>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Rox In The Box by The Decemberists

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:07 am

Hi Everyone,

Our newest TARGET and Pay Per Lesson release is on Rox In The Box by The Decemberists!

Rox In The Box is another great track by American indie rock band The Decemberists and
comes from their sixth studio album ‘The King Is Dead’.

This lesson details how front man Colin Meloy performs it by himself. It covers the progression
in the key of Am (capo II) and the strumming, both of which are relatively easy.

Finally, we'll break down the main signature riff in the intro which features a few hammer-on’s
and pull-off’s, along with a bit of focused strumming.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:30 am

Hey TGNess,

I haven’t listened to the Decemberists for a while; reminds me of another time. I really like this album and song. The riff is very cool.

Nice play through as always.

Shel

elennon

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:52 am

]Hi Vanessa,

thanks for this lesson introducing me to this band. Love this song and the riff.

Your lesson ,as always , is perfect. All the detail and guidance needed in a very clear structure. All I need to do now is practice what you teach :-)

Eric

TGNesh

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:37 am

I feel the same way Shel, the Decemberists always remind me of another time. My first years here at TG as you know.

And i've always loved The King Is Dead, still my favorite. This was actually a request by Bob L. and it was really nice to get to it.

I love those relatively simple riffs, and progressions, which sound just great. Put Colin's lyrics on top of it and you got some awesome and interesting songs there. They're gonna be here in Amsterdam next month. Not too sure just yet, but i might go see them.

Thanks Shel!

xo

michelew wrote:
Hey TGNess,

I haven’t listened to the Decemberists for a while; reminds me of another time. I really like this album and song. The riff is very cool.

Nice play through as always.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:25 am

Awesome to hear such great feedback of the lesson Eric!

And I'm glad to introduce this band. Their songs caught me immediately when i first heard them back in 2011. They are reeeeeeally great live performers as well.

In any way, now go practice. :P

Many thanks Eric!

elennon wrote:
]Hi Vanessa,

thanks for this lesson introducing me to this band. Love this song and the riff.

Your lesson ,as always , is perfect. All the detail and guidance needed in a very clear structure. All I need to do now is practice what you teach :-)

Eric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic